question - please help

Options
hi everyone,
it's been a while since my last post. i wanted to know i usually do about 45 min of high impact aerobics, after which i'm drenched with sweat. today because i'm not feeling well i burned the same amount of calories doing a less strenuous workout on the treadmill. did i get the same benefit or not?
confused

Replies

• farrahmelanie
    Options
    hi everyone,
    it's been a while since my last post. i wanted to know i usually do about 45 min of high impact aerobics, after which i'm drenched with sweat. today because i'm not feeling well i burned the same amount of calories doing a less strenuous workout on the treadmill. did i get the same benefit or not?
    confused
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    any movement has a benefit, its better to move lightly than to not move at all!!! so yes it did have a benefit, and I hope you feel better
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Yes, you get the same benefit calories-wise - the only exception I can think of is muscle toning. Depending on your class routine, aerobics generally has quite a bit more built in to to the routine to keep your arms moving, pumping, raising and swinging, etc.. on the treadmill you might move them in a pumping motion but that is about all....
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    You get the same caloric benefit, maybe less muscle built