wasa cracker?

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
I decided to try the wasa cracker crisp'n light and used laughing cow cheese on it and it's pretty good. But the laughing cow cheese is so high in sodium. Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to top this low call crackers with?

thanks

Replies

• LacieVanMetre
    Options
    I top rice cakes with 1tlbsp fat free cream cheese and cinnamon or ranch powder. It's only 20 calories.]
  • michbiase
    michbiase Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi,

Try cottage cheese if you like it. I know it sounds weird, but cottage cheese is high in protien and low in everything else. Enjoy!
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    I ate them before I found this board. They are really good with cream cheese and grapes. I cut the grape in half...made a really yummy snack...No clue the sodium or any of that....will have to check.

Wasa Crispbread (Cracker) - Lite Rye Cracker, 2 slices 60 14 0 2 0 105
    Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Regular Whipped, 2 tbsp 60 1 6 1 1 90
    Red Grapes - Red Seedless Grapes, 1 cup 62 16 0 1 15 2
    Add Food Quick Tools 182 31 6 4 16 197

182 calories
    31 carbs
    6 fat
    4 protine
    16 sugar
    197 sodium

And very yummy :) You get your sweet, crunchy, and creamy all in one :)
  • soleste
    soleste Posts: 34
    Options
    I like tuna mixed with balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, paprika and dill. Mediterainian-ish (sorry, I can't spell :|) or turkey slices.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I like tuna mixed with balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, paprika and dill. Mediterainian-ish (sorry, I can't spell :|) or turkey slices.

thats great - I do that too with tuna. also some hummous is pretty good on them.

I have been on more of a melba toast kick lately - those are good too.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I've had them with tuna :) YUM!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting that laughing cow is high in sodium? I just checked my round of light wedges and the sodium is zero?
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    On the back of the package it says 210 for sodium
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Wasa cracker? Issa type of biscuit, usually salted or savory -- like Saltines, Ritz...

Ha! Admit it -- that was hilarious.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    What laughing cow cheese product is that? And is that sodium per 100g? per portion? what?
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I used to mix cucumbers and dill in with yogurt, then line a strainer with a coffee filter, paper towel or clean dishtowel dump the whole thing in and let is strain at least over night.

Comes out about the consistence of cream cheese. Tastes much better than the no-fat cream cheese (I equate no-fat cream cheese cheese with spackling compound) It's yummy with dill & cukes, but I've also done roasted red peppers & sun-dried tomatoes. I prefer the savory items, but fresh fruit would work to, much less sugar than those little cups of "fruit" yogurt
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    I used to mix cucumbers and dill in with yogurt, then line a strainer with a coffee filter, paper towel or clean dishtowel dump the whole thing in and let is strain at least over night.

Comes out about the consistence of cream cheese. Tastes much better than the no-fat cream cheese (I equate no-fat cream cheese cheese with spackling compound) It's yummy with dill & cukes, but I've also done roasted red peppers & sun-dried tomatoes. I prefer the savory items, but fresh fruit would work to, much less sugar than those little cups of "fruit" yogurt
    So this comes out like a cheese spread? That sounds yummy! Do you think you could use the greek yogurt?
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love weight watchers cream cheese on it! I haven't looked at the sodium though.
  • ilvpsu
    ilvpsu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've dunked them in salsa...bu that could have a lot of salt too....
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek yogurt mixed with cinnamon and on top for a treat or the greek yogurt again mixed with Italian seasoning and tuna :)
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options

So this comes out like a cheese spread? That sounds yummy! Do you think you could use the greek yogurt?

I dunno? I haven't had greek yogurt. Does it come in plain? I have friends who love the fage with honey, but that's way too high in sugar for me.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    The yoghurt/ cucmber thing sounds too complicated for me!

You could just switch to laughing cow light, which has zero sodium.

Another of my favourite toppings is quick guacamole - mash half an avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice and a grind of black pepper. Delicious in seconds!
  • Amaris1973
    Amaris1973 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am having mine with philadelphia garlic and herb light cream cheese, very yummy.
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Love my crisp 'n lights with either tuna.... or if I want something sweeter, I spread a little natural peanut butter on one! Delicious!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting that laughing cow is high in sodium? I just checked my round of light wedges and the sodium is zero?

I don't think you can make cheese w/o salt...plain milk naturally has some sodium. Here is the laughing cow website and all of the wedges have @ least 210g of sodium.

http://www.thelaughingcow.com/products/original-creamy-swiss/