Another ? about exercise calories!?!?!?

Options
When you workout at the end of the day (after work), get home about 8:00 p.m. and you have more calories left over, what do you eat? I don't want to eat anything heavy, I am so sick of cereal and carrot sticks and cheese, what do you do? Since I go to the gym right after work, I don't eat before I go and when I get home I don't want to cook. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    When you workout at the end of the day (after work), get home about 8:00 p.m. and you have more calories left over, what do you eat? I don't want to eat anything heavy, I am so sick of cereal and carrot sticks and cheese, what do you do? Since I go to the gym right after work, I don't eat before I go and when I get home I don't want to cook. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Bring a pb&j to work, eat it before you leave or on your way to the gym.
    Good pick me up.
    OR
    Have more, nutritious and delicious snacks spaced throughout the day.
    You shouldnt feel so zapped before/during/after working out.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    PB&J is a great idea! I haven't thought of that!
    Rhonda
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I usually "plan" my day in the morning. I enter in what I am having for breakfast and lunch and snacks. Then I also log what my workout will be for that day. That way I can adjust snacks and meals throughout the day instead of just cramming it all in at night. This also helps you with staying with your exercise routine. Once I have eaten the workout calories early on I know I have to go to the gym. Not talking :grumble: myself out of it.
  • shar0124
    shar0124 Posts: 21
    Options
    What I do is cook up several pieces of chicken one night and then keep them in a plastic container in the fridge. When I get home from the gym about 7 PM, I will microwave some steam & serve veggies and heat up the piece of chicken. Or I will cook a piece of frozen fish that I have thawed under running water for a few minutes. That will cook in the micro in about 3 minutes right on the plate you are going to eat with. And use your veggies either freshly microwaved or left over from the previous night and just needs to be warmed up. Dinner is ready in under 10 minutes with almost no clean up.

Or you can make some type of casarole that can be just warmed up. Or the previous night make an extra plate of dinner, store in fridge and just warm that up on exercise nights.

The idea is to plan ahead. But my trainer insists that you really need protein after a workout and a rather balanced meal - although small.

Hope that gives you some ideas.:drinker: