LADIES: Has your shoe size gone down?

Options
After loosing any amount of weight, have you noticed you drop a size or two in your shoe size. I'm fine with my size 9, it's just I have a wide foot, hoping that shrinks a little after loosing some weight.

Replies

• schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    nope
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    yep went from a 8-8.5 to a 7
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 19lbs so far and I'm still at a size 8 in shoes. I too, have wide feet. I tried on a pair of size 8 tennis, but after working out in it..the side started to hurt. So I exchanged it for a 1/2 size bigger. My old pair of tennis are size 9.5 and they're the Nike brand. The ones I have now are Champions from Payless. I want to say that shoe brands vary in sizes too, just like with a pair of jeans.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Mine dropped a half size.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    I lost 17 pounds and my size 7's fit much better. I can actually slide my foot in them without having to force them in :)
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    When I was a teen I lost about 40 lbs and I went from a size 10-11 W to a size 9 :]
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have. I didn't think I had 'fat feet' but I guess I did. I already have narrow feet, so when I put on my size 6 converse, my feeet were swimming in them! I have other areas I'd like to shink down before my feet thankyouverymuch!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I use to be more comfortable in an 8 but am now in a size 7!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was awesome! Before I gained the weight back, I had gone from a 10.5 to a 10. SO much easier to find shoes! If I get to my goal weight I hope to get down to a 9 or 9.5.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i went from 11 or 10 to a 9. yes i lost weight in my feet.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bumpo
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I went down a size after dropping 20, from a 10 to a 9. :flowerforyou:
  • Minoesh
    Minoesh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I was always a UK size 4 but when I was at my heaviest I went up to a size 5 - after losing a total of 83 pounds in the last four years I have gone back down to my size 4's. :smile:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I use to be more comfortable in an 8 but am now in a size 7!

Same here!
  • klininger
    klininger Posts: 44
    Options
    I have lost 60 pounds and within the last 2 days I noticed that my shoes are slipping off my heal when I walk. I was thinking about posing the same question today, so I was glad to see you asked the question and see other peoples answers.
  • elloradannon
    Options
    I went from an 8 to a 9 when I was pregnant and now after losing weight I'm back down to an 8 or 8.5.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    This is not a gender specific phenomenon. In some brand I did lose a shoe size, and some of my "snug" shoes fit perfectly post wieght loss.

I think it has to do with less weight spreading your feet out.
  • summerstarr
    summerstarr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, yes. From an 8 to 7.5
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This is good news. My foot size went up as I gained weight over the past 4 years. Good to know it might reverse!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I never changed sizes but definitely lost quite a bit of fat on them. Course I don't know if it was all fat, or some swelling, but either way, when I noticed the difference it was like WOW!