i want to make super

Options
Janie0001
Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
:huh: how do i enter the ingredients from a recipe that i make homemade. Oh let me say I am brand new to fitnesspal and not sure how to do things. I have tried millons and millions of times to lose weight and i hope I have found the thing to help me. I am not far from maybe looking into gastric bypass surgery and really really don't want to do that. So if someone could help me with the task of homemade dishes I would be so greatful. I dont fix a lot of processed foods so how do we figure the calories for a serving.

Replies

• Janie0001
    Options
    :huh: how do i enter the ingredients from a recipe that i make homemade. Oh let me say I am brand new to fitnesspal and not sure how to do things. I have tried millons and millions of times to lose weight and i hope I have found the thing to help me. I am not far from maybe looking into gastric bypass surgery and really really don't want to do that. So if someone could help me with the task of homemade dishes I would be so greatful. I dont fix a lot of processed foods so how do we figure the calories for a serving.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Well, the only thing I've put in homemade was my Shepard's pie. All I did was add everything I put into it, and then I saved the meal and named it so that I wouldn't have to go through all that again.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    You can do it 2 ways--

Enter it all in a meal in your food diary on MFP and then save it as "A Meal" so you don't have to do it again

or

go here--great easy way to enter in amounts and ingredients and it spits back the calories in the recipe.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
  • Janie0001
    Options
    Thank you all for your help