Need a baked salmon recipe

Options
Gonna stop on my way home from the gym and grab a big salmon fillet :) Anyone have a good, simple recipe I can use to just throw it in the oven? I'm a dummy with fish tho, so I need like, the heat the oven needs to be on and the time too lol

Replies

• slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I make this for my son and I when my DH is out of town on business (my DH only likes sushi, not cooked fish):

2 salmon fillets
    Large container (or 2 big bunches) fresh spinach leaves
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    1 Tbsp minced garlic
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1/4 tsp paprika

Spray an 13x9 dish with non-stick spray. Wash, dry, and then lay the spinach leaves on the bottom of the pan. Lay your salmon fillets on top of the spinach. In a bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, lemon juice, and paprika. Pour lemon mixture over the salmon and spinach. Cover with foil. Put into a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Turn the fish over half way through. Check to see that salmon is done. It might take a few minutes longer (depending on your oven). Serve with brown rice, red potato, or whole wheat pasta. This meal is high in iron, protein, and is mighty tasty. -Enjoy :D
  • kwil25
    kwil25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 Tablespoons Olive oil
    1 Teaspoon Lemon juice
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts or peacons

Mix the 1st 3 things together and spoon on top of salmon. Sprinkle nuts ontop.Cover with foil and bake at temp listed on the bag. Fish should be flaky when you pull it back with a fork. If the salmon is frozen when you put it in the oven, it will need to cook longer.

This should make 2 servings, 217 calories per serving. Hope you enjoy!
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Here's something I just found by googling. It looks easy and tasty.

Ingredients:

2 cloves garlic, minced
    6 tablespoons light olive oil
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
    2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon

Directions
    1.In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
    2.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    3.Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.

I don't bake my salmon much, but I do like to pan sear it. Just take a small non-stick pan and heat it over med-high. I season the salmon with salt and fresh cracked pepper on both sides, I cook the salmon on one side until it's opaque half way through the fillet. This takes approx 4 minutes. Then you flip it, cook it on the other side until it's opaque all the way through (3-4 min depending on thickness). And that's it. You have a tasty, healthy fish cooked with no oil or extra calories. I usually serve with some brown rice and broccoli and a dash of soy sauce for flavor.
  • Soupskin
    Soupskin Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I make this for my son and I when my DH is out of town on business (my DH only likes sushi, not cooked fish):

2 salmon fillets
    Large container (or 2 big bunches) fresh spinach leaves
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    1 Tbsp minced garlic
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1/4 tsp paprika

Spray an 13x9 dish with non-stick spray. Wash, dry, and then lay the spinach leaves on the bottom of the pan. Lay your salmon fillets on top of the spinach. In a bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, lemon juice, and paprika. Pour lemon mixture over the salmon and spinach. Cover with foil. Put into a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Turn the fish over half way through. Check to see that salmon is done. It might take a few minutes longer (depending on your oven). Serve with brown rice, red potato, or whole wheat pasta. This meal is high in iron, protein, and is mighty tasty. -Enjoy :D

I'd use dill instead of paprika. Sesame is good too.