To all my sisters with Perms

Options
I am an African American femail and hair is always an issue when i want to focus on working out.
So i just got a fresh perm and at times i tend not to work out so much when i know that that i'm sweating out my hair? i just want to know what everyone else does to keep their hair from being totally ruined?

Replies

• piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have a perm too but I don't worry and go ahead and sweat during my workout! Since I just wash, blow dry & flat iron it's not a big issue for me. The only thing is I do have to wash it a few times a week especially in the summer!!
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i usually use a little dry shampoo or baby powder on my hair to soak it up after a work out... I dont have a perm, but I have really curly hair that i heat treat :)
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    I don't work outside the home so it's not really a big issue for me. I just "ponytail" or "bun" it and wash as needed.

Some people do pin curls and I have heard of others wrapping.

I'm on this FB group the question has been posed a few times...I can't find those specific posts , but u can scroll through

http://www.facebook.com/BlackWomenDOWorkout
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Working out kills my hair!!! I have to do it though. My hair is cut short so I jus t put a scarf or wrapping paper around the side and back. It just lays it down....Maybe wrap it before the workout let it dry and then take it down....Sorry I wasn't any help
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    oh someone else from here, is there too! :)

thanks for finding the link Shanell.
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I just keep my hair in a ponytail and then flat iron anything that needs fixing! I'm a stay at home mom though and don't often leave the house!
  • vintagedream
    Options
    i have a perm. i use dry shampoo after and then curl booster to reform the curl.