What would you do with boiled chicken?

Options
2»

Replies

• cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    hmmm Instead of boiling maybe you can let it soak in lemon juice and grill it and add crushed red pepper. It would make it more interesting for taste and its healthy

well its bone in breasts, so my cooking options are limited, cuz you wanna make sure the meat around the bone is cooked through. Or... i do anyways. lol.

If all else fails, you can cut off of the bone or bake it with bones in. That way, you could still soak it and retain the flavor. (i usually cover and cook at a lower temp so the inside cooks well and then last few minutes, uncover so top gets brown.)
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    shred it for tacos, you can to a simple chicken soup. You can also stick it in rice with veggies and soy sauce. skies the limit.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    chicken noodles.. shred it for chicken sandwiches, shred it for tacos..

i dont know what you have so i dont have too many ideas.. im having chicken noodles.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I shred it and use it in my egg white omelets, or stir fry it with veggies and spices, or make wraps/tacos/fajitas. Add it to soup (any kind, but Hot & Sour and Fiesta are my faves), too.

This soup is awesome with some alterations: http://www.dairygoodness.ca/recipes/fiesta-chicken-soup

You can do any of the following to lighten it/make it healthier:
    Omit the butter and use spray.
    Add additional veggies, like green beans or whatever else you have. We also add fresh chopped jalapenos.
    Use no-salt added chicken broth and skim or 1% milk.
    Bake your own tortilla chips by cutting real, fresh corn tortillas into strips and baking them until they're crispy.
    Omit the cheese - We never use it and it's still awesome.
    Serve with avocado and homemade pico - Yum!

It's a family favourite!