Anyone else have a stubborn body?

Options
So I've had to learn (and come to accept) over the years that my body is just stubborn. I'm not a super-fit/healthy person by ANY means, but when I get into a groove I am ON it - I eat pretty good, consistently workout, vary my workouts...do all the right things. But I can go MONTHS without dropping a single pound. A couple years ago - for example - I was training for a marathon and consistently working out for a minimum of an hour and a half 4-5 days per week. Weights, jogging, biking, swimming .. and didn't lose a single pound until about 4 months into it - and then just like that -- dropped 10-15 pounds no problem.

Does anyone else have this happen? I'm glad I've finally recognized just how my body is and have come to accept it, but it's still discouraging to put in all the hard work week after week and not see the results until much later (especially when it seems like one piece of chocolate equals a 5 pound gain with no problem in about a day!).

Replies

• laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I've learned to start taking pictures and my measurements- that way when the scale is being rude- I can still see some progress.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i'm almost a year into it and i am waiting for 10-15 lb to just drop off. lol... i've lost about 15 lbs in the past year. my body is extremely stubborn.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I've noticed I do drop pounds very slowly. But my little pooch on my belly just never goes away. No matter what I do...but this time it's going bye bye!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Yep, you just described me!! I don't weigh myself hardly at all anymore. I take measurements and get my body fat % tested because they show me a downward trend even though the scale doesn't.

IMO the scale is junk!! :flowerforyou:
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! It can be so frustrating! Last year I hit a 4-5 week rut & then lost 8lbs in two weeks, not a thing changed in my diet/exercise!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I believe that everyone falls under the category of their body being stubborn. You just have to as stubborn as your body is and either go with the flow, or "persuade" it to follow your motives. I like to persuade the flow. :happy:
  • mrssparkle
    Options
    Most definitely. In fact thing will start using that -" I'm not overweight my body is just stubborn"