How much did you lose in the first week?

Options
Well? Let's hear it :]

Replies

• Ep41382
    Ep41382 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im on day 5 of my first week and Im down 4 pound as of this morning.
  • 149Lore
    149Lore Posts: 75
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds in one week, and Im super excited! :D
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I lost 7.8 pounds my first week. I average about 2 a week now.
    (I gave up all soda from at least 2 or 3 cans a day, several cups of coffee light and sweet with sugar and creamer, as well as all the usual bad food choices!)
  • audbbgirl
    audbbgirl Posts: 83
    Options
    2 pounds but i did not exercise at all just tracking food
  • oEmmyo
    oEmmyo Posts: 21
    Options
    Oh okay GOOD! I lost 7 pounds this week.. and I was wondering if that's even normal, or if my scale was BSing me. Lol.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My first week I lost 10.5 lbs
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    4 pounds
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    5 lbs :)
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    9 for me. Now about 2 lbs per week avg.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    3lbs my first week. :grumble: I have lost 6 lbs in a week though, just not my first.
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    7 : ) Now it's about 1 - 1.5
  • DaninMiaFL
    DaninMiaFL Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost about 7 pounds my first week, and about 2.5 lbs a week there after. Men will lose about 2 lbs a week or so depending n size, women 1 or so. This of course is also dependant on activity levels and food intake.

Why? first is water weight. If you cut down on how much you eat and how much salt you take in your body will equalize for that. Second, intestinal emptying lowers your weight as well.

Even though you might be at a plateau at times, your body is storing up unexpelled foods, etc until that happens your weight loss will appear stagnent and not going down as fast as you want.

Even though I have lost 16 lbs so far, I manage my diet as though I have only lost 12 pounds.

Still, I am thrilled to have lost 12 pounds in 36 days.

Dan
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    3.4lbs
  • bryantraymond
    Options
    11lbs
  • jnsjoest
    jnsjoest Posts: 1
    Options
    5 Pounds in 5 days! :)
  • szartman
    szartman Posts: 5
    Options
    Using INSANITY and eating a very strict diet I lost 7 lbs the first week. Eating very well again I just finished the second week and have weighed myself as low as 188, but this morning was 189.5. My goal for the 63 day period of INSANITY was to get to 185. If I keep a lock down on the eating I should be there sooner than anticipated. If I see the scale say one-seventy-anything it will be the first time since college(I'm 40) that I'll have been in that area...

SW: 201
    Wk 1: 194
    Wk 2: 189
    GW: 185 (subject to change)

I'm a very active person, it is the eating that dictates my weight. Keep an eye on your intake, that dictates more than anything what you'll look like!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    less than I wanted!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I hate you all ;) ... I lost a little over 2.
  • Diamond_angel14
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds on my first week .Now I have lost 22 and have more 4 pounds to go ! :D
  • BlueLightRhyno
    BlueLightRhyno Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I didn't in my first week.

The first few weeks, I actually gained 9 lbs. I was/am feeling better, but gaining weight.

Then my progress charts started to look like a Cardio-Gram. Up and Down and all over the place. Yes, I use the same scale, which is a new "cheap" one. I also weigh myself after relieving myself and before I eat, in the morning.

I have made more weight loss progress, this last week. I have been ill and haven't worked out or exercised at all. I have maintained my calorie and water goals, though.

I am -12 lbs from my start, in December.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!