First steps

Options
sarouk
sarouk Posts: 9 Member
I think MFP and its supportive community is really fantastic. I am in awe of what people have achieved.

I've never done calorie counting and weight goals before, but after stumbling across MFP last week I signed-up and, after 11 days of recording, I think it's time to go public with both my goal and my initial results.

My aim is to get my BMI in the zone, which means dropping 14.5kg (32lb) at about 1lb per week. Well, after the first 9 days I had managed to stick to the calories, do some exercise and lost my first couple of lbs.....I felt great.

In fact I think I was so euphoric that it must have put an extra spring in my step and sparkle in my eye when I went for a job interview yesterday; they phoned me today and offered me the college lecturers job! I'm absolutely over the moon.

But....I guess with the novelty factor the first week or so are going to be easy, the hard bit is sticking with the plan month after month, and that's where I'm going to need the support and encouragement from others (I'm not very good on willpower and perseverance).

So anyway with some trepidation I've nailed my colours to the mast. Please keep me honest.

regards
tom
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!