I've heard... question for girls

Options
When you start vigorous exercises in the beginning it will throw off you menstrual cycle? Since I started three months ago I get my period twice a month is that normal?

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Mine never got thrown off. But If it doesn't stop... you could just ask a dr friend :)
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I had some unexplained mid cycle spotting for a few periods. It seems to have sorted itself out now.
  • exxxtasi
    exxxtasi Posts: 39
    Options
    hmmm...im not sure, i find mine is late or not at all(not that im complaining!!) but you should check with your doctor. Its better to be safe then sorry!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the twice a month thing. Mine was late this month by 3 days for the first time in years and it was due to the changes I have been putting on my body. Keep an eye on it and if it doesn't stop you should get it checked out.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I don't think there should be immediate effects... unless you get to a very low body fat %age. In that case, the periods would be less frequent.
    Otherwise hormones are more affected by diet than exercise.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    hmmm...im not sure, i find mine is late or not at all(not that im complaining!!) but you should check with your doctor. Its better to be safe then sorry!

I'm not sure where you are in your journey, but just to keep you aware, if your BF% gets too low, it will stop aswell, and that's a big problem :)
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ive been spotting half way through the months this month and last.
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ive been spotting half way through the months this month and last.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hmm i dont know i heard it shud make it more regular and less uncomfortable. unless u body build like crazy then it supposedly messes with your cycle. i've been pretty regular and I've been working out a lot :) (10x more than i did before haha)
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Mine was late by 41 days!!
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I spot during ovulation. The birth control I was on made it worse.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    it can but it also depleats(sp) your body of estrogen which can harm your bones
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    Skipped mine this month completely
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    ah... okay I'm not alone then =) I was getting worried I asked my friends but all they said it could be is stress but I haven't been stressed lately, quite the opposite. I'll just keep an eye on it if it happens again this month I'm just going to go to the doctor, Thanks a lot guys!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    oh and i'm not on BC so I know this is my natural cycle - always on time every time.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Whenever I lost or gained weight in the past, it messed with my cycles. They would always come later than usual.
  • ashahl
    ashahl Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm on the pill and I still have like 10 days until my period is supposed to come (Until I start the placebo pills) But I just got it. Could that have to do with exercise? I excercise everyday could that be it? I'm kind of worried about being pregnant because of it!
  • Mystique2011
    Options
    I went from my only form of exercise was chasing around, and being dragged around, by my toddler, to heavy exercise yesterday. I got mine at 6am this morning. I am pretty sure it was due now though. It's been 2 days earily for the last 3 months. I was hoping to drop some weight immediatly, but instead I gained bloat and pain! Now I'm just hoping to drop bloat and fat at the same time, and double my "at first" weight loss. That would probably make me feel good and encouraged at the start!