Newbie with Celiac Disease

GFWayofLife
GFWayofLife Posts: 8
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
I wanted to introduce myself. I am here to exchange information from getting motivated to loose to living a gluten free way of life due to Celiac disease. I can't wait to share GF tips for those newly diagnosed and hearing tips from other GF people. It would also be great to start a Hill Country GF Group for the Austin, TX area. If we happen to not cross each other's paths, good luck in your journey!

Tasting It in TX

Replies

• Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    HI AND WELCOME! i WILL BE happy to be ur friend.
  • sezp
    sezp Posts: 69
    Hi there and welcome. I too follow a gluten-free diet, although I've never been brave enough to go back onto the gluten in order to get diagnosed - 6 weeks of gluten in my diet would just be unbearable. Anyway, I'm happy to be friends and we can swap recipe ideas if you like. Good luck, hope to see you around on the boards :-)
  • itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Hi! Welcome! I have Celiac too!
  • Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it!
  • I am fortunate that my mother was diagnosed first. There are so many benefits to living GF'ly that I can't imagine getting tested again. It has been an adjustment but I am learning so much. I cook on the side, enter recipe contests, and will starting a few celiac awareness classes here locally. I will also try to blog about my experiences. Thank you for the welcome.
  • Looking forward to helping one another!
  • alli4371
    alli4371 Posts: 1
    New here! was searching post for celiac disease and came across these posts. I know it has been a couple months since you have been on here ( at least from what I can tell from the post dates.) Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I was diagnosed with celiac in December. I lost 30 pounds right away. I was SO careful at first until I found out that stuff like plain Ruffels and Fritos were gluten free! Even though I am eating no bread and no pasta ( I find the gluten-free products VERY expensive and lacking much in taste.) I have come to a stand still. I have given up so much in my diet I just don't understand.
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    I have tons of GF cooking experience, i have a husband and daughter with celiac, so feel free to ask me any questions.
This discussion has been closed.