More calories when PMSing?

Options
hey,
Is it true that your body needs more calories when pmsing?
Is that number added onto 1200 or 1430 (my calorie goal).
Thanks

Replies

• JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it needs it or not but i sure an a lot more hungry, like constantly, and neither exercise nor water helps...uggghhh
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    Not sure if it needs it or not but i sure an a lot more hungry, like constantly, and neither exercise nor water helps...uggghhh
    Same and I can't make my cravings for comfort food go away.
    It's not even like I have extra calories to play around with today :(
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am pmsing right now and feel so bloaded and feel like all the working out doesnt help one bit ; (
  • Isa25
    Isa25 Posts: 46
    Options
    I read in a few places - though nothing reputable (aka peer reviewed science journals) - that you burn maybe 200 more calories a WEEK, not a day. But no where did it say how much that person would weigh, their lifestyle, etc. I wouldn't include it, doesn't seem right to include something that isn't fact based with no real way of quantifying.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't know if we need more but I certainly *want* more! I just destroyed a bag of cashews yesterday, I couldn't stop eating them....if the bag was bigger I would have continued to eat as many as were in there...that's a whooooole lotta calories thanks to PMS...lol
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Interesting questions...I am trying to find some medical reports but this is all I have found so far. I will keep looking.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_women_burn_more_calories_during_their_period
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I heard somewhere that you lose more weight in the week before your period than on any of the other weeks... dont know how or why but if this is true then maybe you should eat a little more calories to compensate? Dont take this as gospel, I just remembered hearing that somewhere.... gosh Im no help really! haha
  • street_wi
    street_wi Posts: 15
    Options
    I'd say, even if that is true, use them as free calories burned! I can't imagine it's enough that you'd be depriving your body by not eating the extra calories. Although, it would be tempting since I'm always more hungry at that time...