Vacationing without blowing it

Options
I have a road trip with friends coming up in a little over a week. I'm not counting on a weight loss that week, but I would love to maintain my current weight. Any advice? I've got an accountability buddy, and plan on splitting meals with her, which should be a huge help.

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    just make smart chooses on what you eat.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    If you can get your hands on the mobile app you'll have more tools at your disposal! I'm not nervous at all about travelling because I know I can still track on my iPhone!!!

Good luck... remember, sauces=bad (usually) and steamed/grilled/roasted/baked are always better than fried!!!!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    1. Take prepackaged snacks like: 100 calorie almond packs, dried fruit, whole apples, wheat crackers, beef jerky.
    2. Pick out healthy meals that you can have at fast food places so that you will know what to eat in case you go to a wendys or mcdonalds. For wendys: chili, side salad and water. McDonalds: salad, apple dippers, etc. (Grilled chicken wraps are good too)
    3. At sit down restaurants, your healthiest bet is a salad minus the cheese and croutons. Get it with grilled chicken or fish and ask for light dressing.
    4. Try to drink only water, and lots of it. That will minimize bloating from the large amount of sodium that is in take-out food. Also, pops and juices can add up!
    5. For breakfasts, eat oatmeal with minimal sugar, egg white omelets, whole wheat toast, turkey bacon, etc.
    6. Subway is also a good choice: Healthy breakfasts, healthy sandwiches and healthy salads.

GOOD LUCK!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Are you able to take granola bars or something else easy to pack/carry that you could have for breakfast each day? Knowing what you'll be having for at least one meal a day (that you can control) will allow you to have a few more calories for other meals. Also, you're already equipped with a friend to split other meals with, so it sounds like you can hold each other accountable! Good luck!