Cooking Light

Options
boognish1972
boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
Anybody else subscribe to this mag? It has some really tasty and healthy recipes in it, and the articles are usually really interesting. And, suprisingly enough, I've found many of the recipes listed in the calorie database here.

Last night we had an artichoke and goat cheese strata that was from Cooking Light. And, whataya know, I typed Cooking Light Artichoke and Goat Cheese Strata into the database and all of the nutritional info popped up.

I highly recommend it for anyone who likes to cook and eat good food.

Replies

• tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i haven't subscribed to the magazine, but i found the website yesterday and looked at all the recipes and wished i knew how to cook! i'm going to learn, they look so good!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am a new subscriber, in fact, I just received my first issue a few weeks ago and I LOVE it!
  • Iris0022
    Iris0022 Posts: 54
    Options
    I love, love, love this magazine. I have subscribed to it for years and always look forward to the new recipes. Cooking Light also makes a lot of great cook books. My two new favorites are "Cooking Light Italian" and "Cooking Light Slow Cooker". I love that most of the recipes are simple and don't take very long to make. Plus they are really tasty and even good for entertaining. I have faked out so many people who never realized they were eating healthy :)
  • boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love this magazine. I have subscribed to it for years and always look forward to the new recipes. Cooking Light also makes a lot of great cook books. My two new favorites are "Cooking Light Italian" and "Cooking Light Slow Cooker". I love that most of the recipes are simple and don't take very long to make. Plus they are really tasty and even good for entertaining. I have faked out so many people who never realized they were eating healthy :)

I just picked up the "Mix and Match, Low cal" cookbook. It's pretty nice. It breaks all of the food into four sections, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks, and each recipe has the caloric intake for the dish with little tips on the side of the page. A very quick and easy way to match up some healthy meals based on the calories you'll consume in each.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Light-Match-Low-Calorie-Cookbook/dp/0848734084

We always plan our dinner menu for the week, and do our shopping on Sunday. It saves us time and money, while allowing us to plan out delicious, healthy meals. This magazine is chock full of new recipes every month, and we usually find at least half of our recipes in it each week, and the others come from the 25 cookbooks floating around our house.

I used to subscribe to Bon Apetit and Cook's Illustrated too, but now we're down to just Cooking Light, because the recipes and articles just can't be beat.