This is kind of a weird success story

Options
marji4x
marji4x Posts: 145 Member
So I've only lost 3 lbs so far BUT I decided to go ahead and take some pics of me in my undies so I could have in progress comparison fodder for later. And I have to say though I am definitely in the obese category and I want to be thinner (and healthier!) I don't hate my body.

I don't LIKE being heavier, I definitely feel I look fat and have rings and a big butt and all the rest but MAN I am still pretty and I love myself. And I can't wait to see myself when I am thinner!

Just a weird thought I wanted to share. Anyone else feel that way?

Replies

• svgaedtke
    svgaedtke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you gotta love yourself, so that's great!... That's something I am still working on.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's is awesome an awesome feeling!! Don't ever let go of it even in your worst days.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Just wrote about this today. About loving the figure you're given no matter the size. And getting fit is only making that beautiful figure better!

Love it!
    Katie
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Right now, no, I don't feel that way at all. I don't mind being bigger, or having curves. In fact, I look DAMN good at around 200-220 which is still considered very overweight for my height (5'4)... but 300 lbs does not do me any good in the attractiveness department. Lately I look in the mirror and wonder how my boyfriend can be sexually attracted to me at all. I don't think I've had this low of self esteem EVER lol.

BUT, I'm glad you are proud of who you are. There is NOTHING wrong with a woman having curves, and in fact, some women (or just people in general) look better being bigger. My best friend even at her heaviest was freaking HOT!! It's all about attitude and how you dress IMO.
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I feel that way, and sometimes have thought it's part of my problem ... I kind of have a reverse anorexia thing going on, where I look in the mirror and see someone who looks good! But I know I'll look better, and more importantly feel fitter and healthier after this journey is over!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I say all the time, I love me some me. A good majority of my friends are overweight and they think they are ugly because of it. Um how about no! Ive been a stunner @ 280 and I will still be one @ 180. Self confidence should never be oh I'm fat therefore not pretty. I would much rather be chubby & gorgeous than skinny & ugly!!
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    I think it's wonderful that you are happy with yourself the way you are! I envy that...I've always had horrible self-esteem, absolutely no confidence.
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I feel self esteem in out culture is so out of whack ! It's nice to hear some folks love themselves throughout the journey and I want that for everyone!

I read a lot of C. S. Lewis and he talked about something similar once. He said we all love ourselves in the sense that we take care not to get hurt, etc....but loving ourselves does not mean overlooking our faults and striving to be better.

So I love myself and I think I'm beautiful....AND I think I am too fat! It's a weird feeling, hahaha. I know I'll love myself just as much later when I am thinner, too. I'll just also be super proud of myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!