Just got my FitBit...

Options
1113cw
1113cw Posts: 830 Member
...now how the heck do I use this thing??? :huh:

Website looks great but came with next to no instructions......

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    What's FitBit?
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    It's actually pretty easy - let me know if you have any questions. But the quick run down is this:

Put the FitBit on
    Wear it all day (transfer with any outfit change)
    Put it on your PJ's when you go to bed
    Press and hold the button when you go to sleep - "Start" will flash
    WHen you wake up press and hold the button - "Stop" will flash

Repeat......

Anytime you get within 100 feet of your base station (as long as it is hooked the computer) your data will upload.

Throughout the day, you can see your stats (steps, miles and calories burned) by pressing and releasing the button.

If you do any exercise where you wear an HRM - you can do the start/stop thing and manually enter the activity and calories burned in the website.

You can wear the FitBit on the front, center of your bra, in your pocket, or hooked to your pants. I suggest you invest in a pedometer leash from Amazon so you don't lose it to the toilet when you go to the bathroom and it pops off! THey are about $2.50.

I still enter all my food here because I like it better and then transfer over just the totals to the FitBit website.

Again - let me know if you have any questions!!! I think you'll be surprised how few steps you get in on days you don't make an effort to walk - I know I was!! Now, I rarely have a day when I go below 10,000 steps - but that means I'm on the treadmill every day for at least 45 minutes!
  • particlefizix
    Options
    Not sure if it's the help you are after but there seems to be an online manual...

http://www.fitbit.com/manual

Hope this helps :smile:
  • 1113cw
    Options
    Thank you sooo much.. I was so excited that it came so quickly.. just wished I could have taken it to the gym with me tonight but had to let it charge up!
  • 1113cw
    Options
    Been using this for 2 days now and LOVE IT.. love how I can see how many calories I'm burning and love to see the bump for the time I spend working out. Just thought I'd report back....:happy:
  • jeneey
    jeneey Posts: 48
    Options
    Is a FitBit like a BodyBugg?
  • 1113cw
    Options
    Similar but not as advanced (or expensive lol).. basically tracks your activity, miles walked/steps taken, and sleep...
    Finding it very useful!