i just want to eat...someone talk to me!

Options
its TOM and even though I am STUFFED all I wanna do is eat!
so....lets talk!

Replies

• SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Oh man... I know how that goes. My biggest one is chocolate or other really rich, creamy, fatty foods.

How are you doing tonight aside from wanting to pig out on everything in sight? :)
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Well its not my TOM but I still wanted to eat all day today.

I had to really work hard to fight the urge even though everyone around me was eating bad stuff. What worked for me is drinking water.

Also, I don't know if you can but sometimes I just eat a few nuts, drink some water and go to sleep so that I can't start fresh tomorrow.

Stay strong girl! You can do it!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Aunt flow will be here next week for me and right now all I want to do is eat bowls upon bowls of cereal though I am not hungry!
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i get the same way what do u want to talk about
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It isn't just a TOM thing, the last few days I also just want to eat...I think it is the spring is coming and I can't wait thing
    Hang in there.
  • rag5051
    rag5051 Posts: 28
    Options
    I understand that completely. I'm still trying to figure it out but I think a lot of it is psychological. Let me ask you this. When you think about eating is it because you feel like you're trying to hold yourself back so that you won't eat? What I'm trying out right now is thinking of it like this: thinking that I can eat whatever I want (just not doing it lol). If that makes sense? For junk food I also have been eating nuts... that makes me less likely to eat chips later. My downfall is candy though haha. I've been thinking about making my own candy using splenda... lol
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ok, let's talk... first go get a large glass of water and drink it. lol

Seriously, try to distact yourself (or is that the talk to me part? - LOL) Shortly your cravings will go away. Obviously if you are stuffed then it's probably in your mind. Maybe try writing down how you feel about being hungry.

Try a hot bath.

Or for me sometimes I just head to bed with a good book.

Hang in there!!
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    Oh man... I know how that goes. My biggest one is chocolate or other really rich, creamy, fatty foods.

How are you doing tonight aside from wanting to pig out on everything in sight? :)
    today was stressful. now that the kids are in bed im just relaxing. but i feel so drained
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    i get the same way what do u want to talk about
    anything!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    glad to know I'm not eh only that creeps mfp to keep myself distracted from eating.
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I get the same way. For some reason as soon as 9pm hits I'm starving! All I want to do is eat. When I started MFP which was only 4 days ago I started eating a lot of fruit at night. Rather then candy, cakes, chips, or anything else I could get my hands on. I eat a cup of grapes and a kiwi or 2 clementine oranges and the seems to do the trick. Not exactly sure if thats a good thing to do but I know starving yourself doesn't help either and I always stay in my range for the day.
  • gertrude13
    Options
    i'm new here hahaha what's a TOM? :)
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    Ok, let's talk... first go get a large glass of water and drink it. lol

Seriously, try to distact yourself (or is that the talk to me part? - LOL) Shortly your cravings will go away. Obviously if you are stuffed then it's probably in your mind. Maybe try writing down how you feel about being hungry.

Try a hot bath.

Or for me sometimes I just head to bed with a good book.

Hang in there!!
    ive been scrolling the success board telling myself if i want to post my success on there one day i need to control myself. plus weigh in on sunday...blehhhh
  • leslie4health
    leslie4health Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's me this week! Its TOM for me too and like you I want to eat even after eating a meal. I hate it! I don't want to work out either. I just want to eat and be lazy. Yuck!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    i'm new here hahaha what's a TOM? :)
    TOM=time of the month
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    TOM= Time of Month...I am definitely NOT hungry though then...go work out...it changes the metabolism from hunger to endorphins.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon gum is a LIFE SAVER! The taste is strong and will distract you from any previous craving. At least, this is what works for me. =)
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    Same here hun, TOM and I don't know how I managed to stay under today.
    Usually when my chocolate craving gets unbearable, I have my 90% dark chocolate (From Lindt)
    Since its so dark, I can't eat more than a few bites of it and I eat it a lot slower.
    Plus the antioxidants are a LOT more in this dark, and the taste gets sweet after a few times of eating it.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I just figured out what TOM means. :embarassed: Can't help you there, but working out is the only thing that cures my cravings.:explode: :explode: :explode:
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hey there - you and I are in the same boat this evening! I had a bad weigh in this morning (unexplained gain of 2 lbs since Monday) and honestly - that feels like the biggest slap in the face and kick in the *kitten* every time it happens - I have been off all day - feeling hopeless and discouraged.

I always think about the mornings - have you ever woken up and regretted not eating more the night before?? Of course not - that thought helps me through the last few hours of the night. I am slowly learning to associate the feeling of rumbling in my belly when I lie down for bed with success.