Treadmill slippage

Options
I've had my treadmill for a couple months now, and mostly I love it, but sometimes when I am running I feel like my foot slides the wrong way on the belt and I almost fall. This happens a tiny bit at a decent jogging speed and happens almost once every time I run at a full speed (for me, I'm short), though it's only at half the speed that it can get up to.

I have a ProForm ZT3, it's not a gym quality treadmill but it wasn't super cheap ($400). Has anyone else ever had this before, is there something I can do like tighten some tension somewhere?

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    I HAVE IT HAPPEN TO ME SOMETIMES AT THE GYM MI FOOD GOES TO FAR TO THE SIDE AND HITS THE SIDE RAIL AND STOPS
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    If you don't have the owner's manual, try googling it to see if there is a solution online.
    My friend's treadmill also kept slipping and she tightened it somehow. She found her info online.
  • frogzrkool
    Options
    Yes...When it happens to me it slips on the side where there isnt moving belt! Scares me every time!
  • pacmanplayer
    Options
    All treadmills have 2 allen screws on the back Left and Right of the deck/ belt .. turn them clockwise a quarter turn each until it tightens .NO MORE THAN 1/4 turn at a time !!!!!!!!!!!! this way the belt stays straight on you ...do this while it is on a low speed likw 2.0 mph ... after each 1/4 turn let the belt run 30 seconds to adjust before u turn some more ....

I used to work for a fitness supply store and we used to service them...hope this helps

p.s ,. counter clockwise 1/4 turn to loosen in case u need to
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The belt probably just needs to be tightened up

These guys have a ton of info. Start here: http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Treadmill-Belt-Slipping
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I would call the manufacturer - It may need to be tightened ( usually with an allan wrench)
    After 7 years, I am going to have them tune up my machine - I think it is 75dollars for the tune up. My machine is a Horizon.
    I wouldn't tune it unless they tell you OR... Have you checked the troubleshooting manual? if your like me and can't find it then you may be able to view it online.

Don't risk hurting yourself!!!

good luck!!!
  • zckprstn
    zckprstn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Most of the time you can tighten it up in the back behind the belt with two screws. Just tighten them even and just a few turns then try it. If it still slips tighten a little more. hope this helps
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I love it when the men show up to help with things mechanical! :flowerforyou:
  • sarahricks
    sarahricks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If tightening the walking belt doesn't work you may need to tighten the motor belt. To get to it you would need to take off the front hood and usually it is a bolt on the belt tightener that you loosen slightly then step on the tightener and tighten it back up. I use to work customer service for Proform and that was usually it if it wasn't the walking belt.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Have you oiled the belt, maybe oil isn't the right word. You can buy the kit anywhere, it is a stick and you put this packet of oil (or whatever it is) on the stick and run the stick under the belt. Anywhere that sells treadmills will get you what you need.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    All treadmills have 2 allen screws on the back Left and Right of the deck/ belt .. turn them clockwise a quarter turn each until it tightens .NO MORE THAN 1/4 turn at a time !!!!!!!!!!!! this way the belt stays straight on you ...do this while it is on a low speed likw 2.0 mph ... after each 1/4 turn let the belt run 30 seconds to adjust before u turn some more ....

I used to work for a fitness supply store and we used to service them...hope this helps

p.s ,. counter clockwise 1/4 turn to loosen in case u need to

I tried it, that seemed to help. I'll know for sure when I work out next. Thanks!
  • pacmanplayer
    Options
    well I'm glad it helped ... good luck and keep running ..