How to lose 5 pounds a week.

Options
13»

Replies

• 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm down 40lbs since January 1 as well. It's called clean eating. No processed foods or sugar and keeping sodium levels low. I also drink 100 oz of water a day. Btw, I've had very little exercise do to a previous knee injury. All I'm eating is healthy foods, 5 to 6 meals a day. Kind of hard to argue with that.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    You are a ROCK STAR! Keep it up!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that has posted your stories as well as congrats!!! You are all a motivation to me!!! And congrats to all of you! You are all doing an awesome job. Keep it up!!!

I just wanted to add a few things- I got my blood work back...my Bad Cholesterol is low (YAY!!!), my Good Cholesterol is low (Yay??????? She wants me to take a suplement...lol), and my Blood Sugar is right on target. It appears my kidney and liver are working!!!! YAY ME!!! lol

For those of you that referenced BMI...I don't actually believe in the BMI system. My healthy BMI according to this site would put me between 136.4-184.4 pounds....ummmmmmm I would look sickly at 136 pounds. 184 might be doable...but that would really be pushing it...I was looking to hit 220 which would put me in the overweight category. My close friend that introduced me to MFP is sitting at 220 pounds at 6'...he is considered (by BMI standards) to be overweight....he has been doing P90x and Insanity for a year. He is in no way overweight. He is large framed (not as large as me) and pretty solid. Yes he could lose weight (a few more pounds of fat) but he looks great.But he's not overweight (in my opinion). I'm sure BMI works for some, but there are too many variables that BMI doesn't account for, so in my opinion, it doesn't work for all.

And tassle pants???? That might be pushing it just a little bit. Me doing Latin dance is pushing it to begin with....doing it with tassle pants would just be....wrong....on soooooo many levels....lol