Light and delicious Panna Cotta 103 Calories per serving

Options
frostiegurl
frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
While watching Ina today on the Food Network I saw her make panna cotta and immediately thought of making some myself but didn't want to go the traditional heavy cream route. So, I did a little search and found this lighter/healthier option so I thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

Yogurt Panna Cotta with Raspberries
1 1/2 cups greek-style yogurt (non-fat plain)
1/2 cup light cream (half-n-half) Substitute fat-free half n half
1 1/4 tsp gelatin
2 tbsp water
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh raspberries

Place a single layer of raspberries on the bottom of each of four 6-oz. ramekins.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt and light cream.
In a small bowl, combine gelatin and water. Microwave gelatin and water for about 30-45 seconds, until gelatin is melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla.
Whisk gelatin mixture thoroughly into yogurt. Divide into the four raspberry-lined ramekins and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
To unmold, dip ramekins in very hot water for a few seconds and invert on to plates.
Serves 4.

Per Serving: (without the berries) Calories 103 Carbs 15 Fat 1 Protein 10 Fiber 0 Sodium 70

I plan on making this over the weekend but I'll be using some of the frozen fruits I have in the fridge (blueberries, strawberries, peaches and mango)

Replies

• nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oh this looks great! I love panna cotta too. I will have to try this out! thanks
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    yum..... can't wait to try it....thanks
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Okay, I made this for dessert tonight. I didn't have any vanilla so I subbed coconut extract (used only 1/4 tsp) and lined the ramekins with frozen blueberries. It was AMAZING!

Light, fluffy, creamy, rich and just plain delicious. This is definitely something I will be making on a regular basis.