Looking for fitness program recommendations

Options
I am looking for a little insight from others concerning different fitness programs they have tried and have had good results with. I have been taking different classes at the YMCA and have found a few that really challenge me but I need to find something I know I can stick with. Cycling/spinning class is great I really get a great work out, but I am a little deterred due to the "pain in my butt" :blushing: because the seats are so uncomfortable, and the instructors keep ensuring me that it will get better, but that day has yet to come. Also there's Zumba, but this class is really sometimey, some days the workout can be a beast and others its just so, so, it really just depends on the choreography and the instructor. Today I finally made it to TurboKick...WOW it was an awesome workout, but I felt like it couldn't fully keep up. So I have a dilemma I just need to find something challenging but not killer, and I kinda wanna combine cardio with a tad bit of strength training mingled in. Well again any recommendation I would love to hear about. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    do Turbo Jam DVD's it's Turbokick, but its called Turbo Jam and its my favorite thing ever, you get amazing results. If you want know more, Add me or PM me :-) GoodLuck!! :smooched: :love: :flowerforyou: :tongue:
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a little insight from others concerning different fitness programs they have tried and have had good results with. I have been taking different classes at the YMCA and have found a few that really challenge me but I need to find something I know I can stick with. Cycling/spinning class is great I really get a great work out, but I am a little deterred due to the "pain in my butt" :blushing: because the seats are so uncomfortable, and the instructors keep ensuring me that it will get better, but that day has yet to come. Also there's Zumba, but this class is really sometimey, some days the workout can be a beast and others its just so, so, it really just depends on the choreography and the instructor. Today I finally made it to TurboKick...WOW it was an awesome workout, but I felt like it couldn't fully keep up. So I have a dilemma I just need to find something challenging but not killer, and I kinda wanna combine cardio with a tad bit of strength training mingled in. Well again any recommendation I would love to hear about. Thanks in advance!

If you like Turbo Kick you'll love Turbo Jam. Best part is you can do it at home and if you have to take a break you can press pause.
  • AmberRSkelton
    AmberRSkelton Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you liked the Turbokick, try Turbo Jam! It is basically the same thing. If you really want a super high impact workout, try Turbo Fire--it's like TurboJam on crack!
    They are all created by Chalene Johnson & you can find them on Amazon or Beachbody.com.
    I would recommend starting with TurboJam before going to TurboFire though.
  • sm26davis
    sm26davis Posts: 52
    Options
    Have you tried turbo jam? I love doing it. It gives you a good workout. But you should also remember you don't have to go all out the very first time you do the workouts. You can work up to finishing the workout each time you do it!!!
  • lalamcneil
    Options
    i take a Body Pump class at my gym....it combines some cardio and strength training.....start with small weights and work up to the more challenging weights...Good luck :)
  • Spirit76
    Spirit76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try TurboFire I love it.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I diddo Turbo Jams. Moves are fun and once you learn them you start to "feel" the music. Lots of kicks and punching to let out your frustration LOL. I am about to start week 5 and have lost 8 lbs so far. My goal is to finish Turbo Jams then move to Turbo Fire and then Insanity!! Good luck!