Trying to shift the baby weight and breastfeeding

nicnak1981
nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my name is nicola, im 29, have 2 girls aged 2 and 4 months. In the midst of losing the baby weight, but not over doing it as im still breastfeeding my baby.i've lost 22lb since my baby was born in october and i've still got about 20lb to loose.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Replies

• lookie8978
    lookie8978 Posts: 1 Member
    hi there. i've got 5 kids and had my baby girl in november. i'm not breastfeeding but dieting with kids is really hard. ive lost 11lb in 3 weeks and got about another stone to go. keep up the good work your doing really well xxxx
  • kgarza810
    kgarza810 Posts: 37
    wow you are doing great. I am also a mother of 2. I had my son in september and am also nursing. I have lost 14 so far.
  • smota
    smota Posts: 62
    Hey :)

Well, I am not a mum, but I am an older sister and a close-to-be psychologist and know a few things about babies and nutrition, so please ladies... baby first, fitness later. They need breastfeeding and they need all the nutrients they can get. They also need your unconditional love and care. It's their health at stake. Give it a couple of months, it won't kill you.

Best wishes and congratulations on your babies :)
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    congrats and well done to you all ladies.

dont worry smota as with most mothers my babies come first and i come last on the priority list! one to the main reasons i started using myfitnesspal was to ensure through my food diary i was getting the balance right and my baby is being well nurished. by the looks of things all these mums are like me and waited until babies were at least 12 weeks old before even thinking about their weight.
This discussion has been closed.