Help! Fallen off

Options
This week has been terrible for me, nothing is wrong in my life yet i've been comfort eating likes theres no tomorrow. I start the day off well with good intentions but by lunch time i'm eating pasties & chocolate. I've consumed more cherry coke than water this week, it's like my body is screaming for carbs & sugar. I seem to have list all willpower & motivation. Please help me get back on the wagon, i want to be healthy & slim but don't know how to get my body to co operate.

Any tips or just messages of support would be great, i just need a big kick up the backside !

Replies

• ponchita08
    Options
    All you can do is try and give yourself blinders. Just look straight ahead and ignore the tempting foods. You can do it!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Do not kick yourself! Try and appreciate how far you've come already. This is something you can come back from! Try and visualize your goals and remind yourself of them when you are lifting the cherry coke to your lips. What is tastier? Success or Cherry Coke? :smile: You can do it!

When I have a craving for something, I think of that food mixed with a food that totally repulses me. Personally, it's cold stewed tomatoes. I actually gag from the thought. Just when I'm dying for a piece of baklava, I imagine it topped and mashed with a scoop of stringy, nasty stewed tomatoes and it seriously dissipates the urge by shear gag factor alone.

Best of luck. You can succeed!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't have any advice except to enjoy it. As long as you're holding yourself accountable for whatever you're putting into your body, you know what the better choices are. Don't feel guilty if that's what your body is craving. If it's craving carbs, you know the obvious other healthy alternatives for carb choices, such as whole wheat, brown rice, veggies, oatmeal, and anything that's packed with fiber to help keep your glucose levels stable and maintain fullness. As for sugar, those could come from a variety of things like natural fruit, milk, and 100% juice.

If you've lost the will power and motivation, then there's nothing anyone can do for you. You have to do it yourself because you're the only one living your life. Find another reason than just "wanting" to be healthy and slim. Prove it to yourself that you're seriously dedicated to maintaining a healthy and slim lifestyle. In turn, you will truly be a healthy and slim person, because you're living your life like one. It takes patience, self-motivation, and a goal in order to succeed.

And per your request, consider that the kick in your *kitten*. Perfect request too, because I don't like sugarcoating reality. :bigsmile:
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    This happened to me before Xmas. I thought "eat like a pig, Ruth. It's Xmas. Everyone does! There's always the new year diet to fall back on!" And so I gained around 15 pounds in three months thanks to me reverting back to my "all or nothing" attitude. You know; "black and white" thinking. Either you're on the wagon or off?

Celebrate the small victories. Eat in moderation. Don't tell yourself you can't have something. Instead, tell yourself that you CAN have it, but you can only eat it if you're truly hungry, and then you'll sit down at a table to eat it, eat it slowly and conciously, and you'll stop as soon as you start getting full.

That's was what I was doing until last October, (before I reverted to type!) and I've had to re-retrain myself this year. So far I've lost 10lbs since January the 1st.

Draw a line under it. It's in the past and there's nothing you can do. Be kind to yourself. You're just human like the rest of us xx
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
    I will draw a line under this week, use it as a lesson & move on. Moderation is the key & removing temptation. Not so easy when you work next to a cake shop, mcdonald & subway.
    My resolution for next week is to get up a little earlier & make a healthy lunch every day, no excuse to go to the shops. Going to try fruit teas for my sugar fix. Fingers crossed x
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    Awww! sorry to hear your having a bad week, its horrible when you know exactly what you should be eating and find your self eating all the wrong things. I have been back on the wagon for almost a week now and these are two things that are keeping me on track.

1 Exercise - no way am I eating crap when I know I have to go home and workout I want results and I want them now damn it!

2 (This one is a little bad) Every time I think I want something bad to eat I think of a my really overweight co worker and say their name in my head and tell myself that I don't want to be like that.

Good Luck hope next week is better for you!
  • tmyers541
    tmyers541 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I recently had a patient that wasn't much older than me and was over 500 lb. I don't know if this person was just resigned to being that size but outwardly made it seem like they were ok with being there. It's like a kick in the head every time I'm about to eat something bad and I think about this patient and how I was going down the same road, resigned to my size. No more.