Whenever I get to thinking...

Options
jantawa
jantawa Posts: 182 Member
that 20 pounds lost so far is not that big of a deal; I pick up a 20 pound bag of cat litter...(for those of you who also have cats...nuff said:)

Replies

• YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Wow.... yeah. Interesting you should say that, because I just bought one of those today and was thinking how heavy it was. Thanks for sharing that!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yeah but that 20 pounds will go with another 20 and another 20 or whatever you are aiming to lose, don't be discouraged, hard sometimes I know, but hang in there and it will start adding up!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I misread your post...sorry! But I did feel discouraged even after my first 25, like it didn't even make a dent but now I realize that it all adds up and your right, 20 pounds is a big deal! enuff said.....lol. Great job!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good for you. My first goal is 25 and that's been really hard, so Congrats.
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    I like your thinking. I need to find something 9 lbs... it's hard to see a difference.. my clothes are a bit loose, but nothing drastic.
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    I tend to measure the burned fat as packages of butter :smile:
    1kg = 4 packages of butter.

As I lost ~20kg once before that were nearly 4 whole trays of butter packs...unbelieveable.

I think the comparison fits quite well...becaue it's fat, too :wink:
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 20 lbs is a big deal! It's a lot of hard work and discipline. But the first step is logging and being accountable to yourself. And you, Jan, have definitely been that! You have logged come thick or thin. I definitely admire your perseverance and success. Here's hoping the next 20 come off a little easier! :flowerforyou:
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great analogy! Thanks for the encouragement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!