Fruit pizza recipes?

Options
chelsey787
chelsey787 Posts: 261
Hey all -

my brother is having a graduation party in a week or so and I want to provide the guests (and myself!!!!!) a healthier option other than the traditional graduation cake.

I really really want to make a fruit pizza, but I see most of them call for sugar cookie dough for the crust. do you all have any recipes for fruit pizza with a home-made crust without sugar? (using splenda, etc. - i know most of you hate splenda but im a believer!! lol)

Replies

• chelsey787
    Options
    Hey all -

my brother is having a graduation party in a week or so and I want to provide the guests (and myself!!!!!) a healthier option other than the traditional graduation cake.

I really really want to make a fruit pizza, but I see most of them call for sugar cookie dough for the crust. do you all have any recipes for fruit pizza with a home-made crust without sugar? (using splenda, etc. - i know most of you hate splenda but im a believer!! lol)
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Fresh Fruit Pizza

1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
    1/3 cup plus 1/4-cup honey, divided, plus more for garnish if desired
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 egg yolk, well beaten
    1/4 cup non-fat milk
    One package (8 ounces) cream cheese -- reduced or non-fat if watching your diet!
    3 cups assorted sliced or whole fresh fruits such as strawberries, oranges, kiwis, bananas or blueberries Toasted coconut or granola (optional)
    Chocolate syrup for garnish

Preheat oven to 375-degrees. To make crust, in large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, 1/3 cup honey and vanilla; stir into flour mixture. Stir in egg yolk and milk; form into ball with hands. Place on lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet.

With floured hands, press dough to form 12-inch circle.

Bake in preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.

To make topping, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup honey. Mix until well blended.

To serve, spread topping onto crust to within 1/2-inch of edge. Arrange fruit over top; sprinkle with toasted coconut or granola. Drizzle with honey or chocolate syrup, if desired. Recipe makes one, 12-inch pizza.

Note: If time is of the essence, use pre-made pizza crust dough.

http://www.bellybytes.com/recipe/pizza/pizza21.html

Hope this helps!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • chelsey787
    Options
    thank you!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome:happy:
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    is there any.. calorie count for this??
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I didn't see any... sorry.

You can go use this recipe calculator:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • mamajo
    mamajo Posts: 19
    Options
    :huh: Here is another Summertime Fruit Pizza - Makes 6 servings: each serving contains 124 calories, 3 g. protein, <1 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 28 g. carbohydrates, 53 mg. sodium. Calories from fat: 3 percent

1 burrito-sized fat-free flour tortilla Cinnamon
    4 oz. fat-free cream cheese 1/4 cup honey
    1 tsp. vanilla 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
    3 kiwi, peeled and sliced 1 cup strawberries, sliced
    1 peach or nectarine, sliced 1/4 cup all-fruit apricot spread, warmed

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Place tortilla on pan, sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Bake about 4 to 5 minutes until edges begin to lightly brown. Remove from oven and cool. Beat together the cream cheese, honey and vanilla, then beat in the ricotta cheese until smooth. Spread the cheese mixture atop the cooled crust. Arrange the kiwi, strawberries, and peaches on top, slightly overlapping. Chill while preparing glaze. Microwave the apricot spread in a small microwavable bown on high for 1 minute. Using a pastry brush, brush the glaze over the fruit. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. This is really yummy and good for you!!!!!!!!!!