Aussie C25K

Options
OK guys and gals. Looking for some fellow Australians to start the C25k program with.

Who is in?

Replies

• faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I am in week 1 so yeh I'll join in as I've only just started anyways. I'll be on week 2 from Wednesday next week.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Awesome. How you finding it?
  • faithikins
    Options
    Cause I work out 5 times a week now I haven't followed it to a T. I haven't had the rest days like they say to. This is partly due to having maccas last week once, too many wines etc and I gained a kg, so I've pushed much harder this week lol. I've this week done:

Wed - C25K
    Thurs - C25K twice through
    Fri - C25K
    Sat - C25K
    Sun - I'm going to just walk the half hr
    Mon and Tues off ....maybe.....

I had been slowly working up to it a little on the tready anyways (jogging for a minute here and there) so I found it ok. Week 2 is freaking me out a little. Week 3 I am going to really freak out lol. I'm pretty sore today hence I need to give myself a walking break tomorrow morn.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I'm an aussie. But I dont know what a C25K is. Please enlighten me? :)
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    R4z0r4Mm0 Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm still recovering from a busted achilles tendon, but will start again in May! :)

For now, it's just weights and HIIT elliptical workouts.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in Week 2 but I want to repeat it because I have only been able to do it on the treadmill. I want to complete it while running outside.

I hate obeying the rest day rule but I do give it a day between runs. I push it a little and only rest one day between weeks though.

Week 2 is not that much harder than week 3. I've repeated a day in week 3 and I've noticed that I'm able to go the whole 90 seconds with no problem unlike w3d1.
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey - im on week 7 day 1 and I love it .I run 2 programs at once on the phone and they are 2 weeks apart, so I run the week 7 day 1 last night and week 4 day 1 tomorrow, so i can run 6 days /week but im not constantly pushing it. Ive had a few walking days on the 'easy' days so its now 3 weeks apart - ive found its been a great way to do it
  • faithikins
    Options
    I'm an aussie. But I dont know what a C25K is. Please enlighten me? :)
    http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

Google is your friend :flowerforyou:
  • CatseyeHardcast
    Options
    OK we seem to have a few on it, done it, about to or even doing it twice at once..This is fantastic guys. I am really looking forward to it.

I will be starting doing treadmill and see how I go on outside runs. I will have to squeeze this in with the 2 spin classes a week and boxing as well as some Tabata training. So this is a good excuse to up my training above 3 times a week.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am in week 4, day 2... I run on the treadmill, and we now have to always use the treadmills on a 3%incline, so yesterday was brutal! I did find week 4 a little difficult anyway.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    Options
    I am really looking forward to it (and after todays lunch really need to give it a kick in the *kitten*). I am a little worried about the three days my wife and I are spending in Melbourne this weekend. While we will log what we eat we have decided not to be strict....LOOK OUT!!!
  • faithikins
    Options
    Did any aussies start this? I did wk2D1 today :wink:
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I did week 5 day 2 yesterday :) Will do day 3 tomorrow or Tuesday
  • CatseyeHardcast
    Options
    Just finished wk2D1. Really enjoying it. Problem is my bloody earphones keep popping out. Nothing a retro sweatband won't fix I guess.
  • faithikins
    Options
    hahaha nice. WK2D2 done today. Having a rest day tomorrow, probs be hungover on Wed so see how I go :laugh:
  • CatseyeHardcast
    Options
    hahaha nice. WK2D2 done today. Having a rest day tomorrow, probs be hungover on Wed so see how I go :laugh:

OK ya drunk how was WK2D3?

I just finished WK2D2 and was pleased with how I went. Slightly sore ankle though but I am sure I will be right after a bag of cement.
  • faithikins
    Options

OK ya drunk how was WK2D3?

I just finished WK2D2 and was pleased with how I went. Slightly sore ankle though but I am sure I will be right after a bag of cement.
    :laugh: I will do this afternoon. I need to work off all this nervous energy. I haven't done it yet as I've been sitting by the phone waiting for news on my job interview. :ohwell:
  • faithikins
    Options
    Ok it is done ugh. I feel a lot better for it. I was so lost in thought on the first jog, that the podcast scared me when he talked to me to walk again. :laugh:
  • CatseyeHardcast
    Options
    HA HA. I just got back from doing WK2D2 again (yes I actually felt like going for a run) but for some reason the voice que dropped out and I was running when I should have been walking....no wonder it was bloody hard.

Also this was the first time I did it on the road and not a treadmil. Harder but alot more enjoyable. Anyone else find the road harder or is it just me?
  • faithikins
    Options
    Wk3D1 done! I did it!! :noway: :blushing: