?? for people who've posted before and after pics

Options
I've seen some amazing before and after pics on this board.

My question is, did any of you guys have cellulite-y bits around your legs and stomachs and if so, how did you get rid of it???

Most of the after pics look really toned and the stomach/legs look really smooth without a sign of orange-peel in sight. I'm worried that even if I manage to lose the weight I want to get rid of that I'll be stuck with the cellulite/horrible dimply bits. :cry:

Replies

• spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I heard somewhere before that cellulite are deposits of fat. So it stands to reason that once you lose the fat, you will lose the deposits of fat. I really believe that you have to workout with weights to tone, which helps the skin tighten up. I don't really believe in comparing myself to others because I will always find something wrong with me. I do however compare myself to where I was before and like what I see. :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    omg what would you rather have fat or "dimply bits"????? surley it's a no brainer!
    but hey in answer to your question try a scrub and loofah on your legs ect daily that brings it up a treat! and water also
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Once you lose the weight then you work on tightening up your skin. and voila you will lose the cellulite. or there is also som creams that you can use that actually work...
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Never seen a cream that can melt fat... sorry. To answer your question... cardio plus weight training plus eating a primarily unprocessed food diet. Like Jillian Michaels says... if you want results, they don't come free! Hard work in the gym and making good food choices will work wonders- old skool style.
  • SuzanneBall
    SuzanneBall Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I may be a complete moron, but i think that its just a matter of rubbing that area. I belive thats what makes those creams work. i think this because i shave a lil higher than mid thigh constantly, and about once every two weeks i shave all the way up. (just weird how my hair grows i guess.) but anyway, the area where my cellulite starts is exactly where i shave up to.. seems reasonable that the pressure from rubbing or shaving that area (i put alot of pressure on the razor cause im naturally just heavy handed) may break up or even prevent the spotty deposits of fat. course, i could just as easily be wrong as hell...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite when I was a 105 lb teenager. I expect I always will. I do think it's less noticeable now that I have more muscle tone in my legs.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Drinking plenty of water and doing exercises that tone and lengthen (such as yoga and pilates) will decrease the look of cellulite But most importantly, you have to decrease your overall body fat. And that takes time, exercise, and careful management of your diet.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    my cellulite has pretty much gone and it was really bad after I gave birth. Now I have lost most of the weight I have a teeny tiny bit left but I am peace with that bit cos I have lost the majority so if it goes it goes and if it doesnt its fine.

I think some of us are more prone to it than others. Unfortunately I am one of those people and think I will always have a little bit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!