Sure hope this works!

softballqueen63
softballqueen63 Posts: 11
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
I've been training for 1 month and found out yesterday that my BMI went from 34.4 to 33.9, but I didn't lose any inches and in fact my thighs went from 27in to 27.5 inches......WTF I haven't had a soda in over a week and yesterday (my first day on fitnesspal) i noticed i was about 400 calories short of my caloric goal for the day and everything else was where it needed to be. I sure hope this tracking system works because i need a miracle.

Replies

• I've been training for 1 month and found out yesterday that my BMI went from 34.4 to 33.9, but I didn't lose any inches and in fact my thighs went from 27in to 27.5 inches......WTF I haven't had a soda in over a week and yesterday (my first day on fitnesspal) i noticed i was about 400 calories short of my caloric goal for the day and everything else was where it needed to be. I sure hope this tracking system works because i need a miracle.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    check out the link in my signature "Links in MFP you want to read again...". There is information in there that might help you. Are you getting enough calories. Make sure your NET calories stay above 1200. The is the general baseline number for Starvation Mode - your body's biological response to not getting enough fuel in the day. 1200 is a generic number but a good one to use.

If you stay under a NET of 1200 for more than a few days your body will start to think it is heading into a famine and slow your metabolism and stop burning fat. Then it stores what you eat and begins to dig into your muscle mass for fuel.
    You need to restrict calories to lose but if you restrict too much it has the opposite effect. And when you are exercising your body needs more nutrition. (We lose both fat and muscle mass during dieting and cardio exercise).

Maybe this is why? I don't know. But do some reading (there are a lot of links) and see if there is something might help.

It also takes time for the body to adjust to the changes. Keep at it and the weight will start coming off before you realize it.
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    It works! I am noticing some fluctuations too, but when you look at your progress in the long run, you will see results. Try to stay at your calorie goals, lots of water, and exercise.
  • Thank you so much for the info. I'm looking forward to a healthier new me!
This discussion has been closed.