MFP Runner's Club - July 4

kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning

Today is a rest day for me. No running. It is Independence Day. I will be spending the day at the pool with my family. If I am not too lazy, I'll swim a little between naps.:smile:

Enjoy the day
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning

Today is a rest day for me. No running. It is Independence Day. I will be spending the day at the pool with my family. If I am not too lazy, I'll swim a little between naps.:smile:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Good morning all

I ran 3 miles this morning and did 1 hour of plyometric exercises.

Have a great 4th!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Happy 4th of July everyone!

I ran 5 miles this morning in perfect weather.

Today we are celebrating my youngest daughter's birthday. She turns 3 yrs on Sunday but we are having her kiddie party today.

Have a great day!
    :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!

I was going to run, but its down pouring here.....AWESOME....maybe when it dies down some...but I think...and this part hurts...that I'll leave the jogger home...sigh...I think pushing it up those hills is killing my back....and that stinks because I LOVE taking my tiger w/ me!

I will still take him out for power walks though...or maybe I'll find a nice boring flat route to go...lol

anyway...hope all your days are wonderful

Awesome Job Mireille and JD!!! and good idea Kechie...lol I may just do that too!

well hugs you all!!!
    Ali :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Morning Luvs!

No run for me today, but will take my little bug swimming a little later!

Nice going on those who did run! :flowerforyou:

Mireille - give your daughter a birthday hug from her Auntie Shannon! :heart:

Happy 4th & be safe, everyone! :smooched:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Happy 4th!

Today is a rest day for me. I am going for a walk with some friends this morning. :)

Enjoy the fireworks!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Happy 4th Everyone!! hope everyone has a safe and healthy day!

I ran 4 miles this am. Neat thing, I ran it with a girl who has never run more than 2.5 miles before...I stayed with her even though it was very slow with me - I really wanted to see her finish it! It was a great feeling seeing how proud she was when we finished! :drinker:

Tomorrow is my first 8 mile run - wish me luck.....
  • Mireille
    Morning Luvs!

No run for me today, but will take my little bug swimming a little later!

Nice going on those who did run! :flowerforyou:

Mireille - give your daughter a birthday hug from her Auntie Shannon! :heart:

Happy 4th & be safe, everyone! :smooched:

Thanks Shannon! We just picked up her birthday cake and she is really excited!
  • Mireille
    HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!

I was going to run, but its down pouring here.....AWESOME....maybe when it dies down some...but I think...and this part hurts...that I'll leave the jogger home...sigh...I think pushing it up those hills is killing my back....and that stinks because I LOVE taking my tiger w/ me!

I will still take him out for power walks though...or maybe I'll find a nice boring flat route to go...lol

anyway...hope all your days are wonderful

Awesome Job Mireille and JD!!! and good idea Kechie...lol I may just do that too!

well hugs you all!!!
    Ali :drinker:

I can't push my kids in the stroller anymore for the same reasons plus it was killing my legs. I'm not going to lie, I prefer running by myself now because I don't hear the wining, the fighting and the noise. It's wonderful!! lol I love my kids but they can be a handful at times. :smile:
  • Mireille
    Happy 4th Everyone!! hope everyone has a safe and healthy day!

I ran 4 miles this am. Neat thing, I ran it with a girl who has never run more than 2.5 miles before...I stayed with her even though it was very slow with me - I really wanted to see her finish it! It was a great feeling seeing how proud she was when we finished! :drinker:

Tomorrow is my first 8 mile run - wish me luck.....

Good luck on your 8 mile tomorrow, you will do great!! :flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Happy 4th! I got out this morning and ran 8 miles. Overall it was lovely, but the humidity just sucked! Anyways hope everyone has a fantastic 4th! :smile:
  • rdhsm
    rdhsm Posts: 16
    Happy 4th! Rest day for me.
  • Happy 4th everyone.

I was scheduled for 11 miles today but opted for a trail run. I tried to get the time in as I have no idea the distance so I ran for nearly 2 hours and kept my HR average at 140 which is where it should be on a long run so I'm counting it.

Ali -- I used to push my daughters in my jogger and it's such a chore. You're a good mom for doing it. Definitely leave it today and just get out there for some you time. It is fun to take them with -- but it's so nice to have that peace and clarity for yourself too!

Mireille - happy birthday to your daughter! What a fun day to celebrate!
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    I ran 6.5 today in the heat and humidity.
  • pmkelly409
    I ran 6.5 today in the heat and humidity.

Nice run!! drink lots of water!!! Happy 4th!
  • pmkelly409
    Happy 4th everyone.

I was scheduled for 11 miles today but opted for a trail run. I tried to get the time in as I have no idea the distance so I ran for nearly 2 hours and kept my HR average at 140 which is where it should be on a long run so I'm counting it.

Ali -- I used to push my daughters in my jogger and it's such a chore. You're a good mom for doing it. Definitely leave it today and just get out there for some you time. It is fun to take them with -- but it's so nice to have that peace and clarity for yourself too!

good morning Ms. Shel!!
    i am curious about Trail running - my coach is training for one now...all I know is she got to buy a new pair of shoes for it and that made me jealous!! Please tell me about trail running....
  • Happy 4th everyone.

good morning Ms. Shel!!
    i am curious about Trail running - my coach is training for one now...all I know is she got to buy a new pair of shoes for it and that made me jealous!! Please tell me about trail running....

Basically it's just an overall great way to run. It's better on your joints - not as much jarring as regular pavement AND it really strengthens and tones a lot better than regular running too because you have to use such different movements. You're doing a lot of hoping side to side as you run and you're almost always running elevation.

For me it's just a really great way to break up a run. Sometimes they get monotonous and trail running never does get that way. It's just a really peaceful way to run.

yes, I have trail shoes. I wear Montrails - mainly because I like them and they are made in Seattle which I where I live so it's kind of cool. You can find trail shoes at any good running store.

The trail I did today was a 'moderately difficult' trail run. It's 9 miles round trip but we goofed off a bit and did some extra stuff and then didn't get all the way to the end so I'm not exactly sure our mileage..... fun stuff!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shel
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Everyone up and at it early, except me! Daughter still recovering from wisdom teeth being pulled so I cleaned the house and watched a movie with her but now she is off texting friends so I get to run...it is actually a bonus for me!

Happy 4th to all, have fun, go a little crazy and enjoy the festivities!