Olive Garden tonight . . . Suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Don't be shy about asking how something is prepared and making alterations.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Apricot chicken and the baked salmon.
  • Losing2Live69
    Options
    Forgot to tell you....if you ask for the nutritional information they will give you a pamphlet that has it all in it.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I get the minestrone soup and salad without dressing. Also, I think you can ask them to make any pasta dish with wheat pasta in place of the regular pasta. Or do like other suggested, get what you love and only eat half. Put the other half in a to go box immediatley.
  • Losing2Live69
    Options
    I always go with the venetian apricot chicken - first time I had it I thought it would suck with the word "apricot" in it. It was surprisingly good! Stick with the soup - recommend Minestrone - even have 2 bowls! I try to stay away from the bread sticks because I KNOW I'll want to eat a ton of them. If you have enough control limit yourself to 1. Good luck! You WILL be full if you stick to this and you WILL feel good later in the night that you made healthy choices. :)

I have the Olive Garden nutrition information guide in front of me....I got a copy the last time I went there. Here is the nutritional information:

Minestrone soup: 100 calories
    1g fat
    1020 mg sodium
    18g carbs
    3 fiber

Venetian Apricot chicken:

380 calories
    4g fat
    1420mg sodium
    32g carbs
    8g fiber
  • redruthie
    redruthie Posts: 77
    Options
    Let us all know how it went :smile:
  • Vmcd
    Vmcd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyoune for your input and suggestions. I ended up getting the minestrone soup, which was delicious! I skipped the salad, and limited myself to one breadstick. Then I ordered the ravioli portabella, and ate 3 of them, bringing the rest home. Whole meal ended at around 690 calories. I was full when we left, and proud that I stuck to my plan :). Thanks again for the help!!