losing that motivation...

fudie
fudie Posts: 45 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
I've been at this weight loss thing for over a year now. (well to be honest for many years now but now i am actually serious and doing it the right way) last year i lost over 35 lbs and this year i'm at about 10. which is great! i cant deny thats a great accomplishment!! and now i'm not seeing the loss like i have in the past and for about the last 3 weeks i've been stuck at 172! i want to be in the 160s so bad! but i get on the scale and ill see 173,172,172.6 and i'm going crazy! this year i've added more strength training, last year i didn't do that at all, it was mostly walking and steps. i've been working out muscles and I am proud of myself. but that scale is stuck! should i care that its not moving...no. because i am eating better and am working out and building muscle! but its so hard to keep going when your not seeing the numbers!
It's also so frustrating because I don't know what my calorie count should be at!!! i was at 1200 but it kept getting the warning saying its too low so i went up to 1300 and now i'm not losing anything! yes i've been indulged myself but not over done it and i've been pretty good. no i have not had all the water that i should have but would those things effect my weight loss? i don't know!
Will i keep going? of course! i have come way to far to stop now! i have goals to achieve! i have shorts to wear when i go to disney world!!! thank you for reading this, i just needed to get it out!

Replies

• heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    you should absolutely not care that the scale isn't moving right now! it sounds like you're eating well, working out -- and that's what really matters! the scale can be a source of motivation, but it can also suck away your motivation. don't let it have so much power over you!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    and, yes, i know... easier said than done :wink:
  • those last 10 pounds are always the worst...ugh...just keep doing what your doing and as long as you feel good, be happy! The only way to lose those are to cut your calories down a little more even though its tough because you have to trick your body by changing things up if your gonna lose those last few pounds. Well good luck and i hope you get to your goal weight:)
This discussion has been closed.