wii fit does it work?

Options
ive been using the wii fit since weds and was just wondering if you have notced a difference after using it for a while? does it work?

Replies

• godsgiftjcp
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit....The strength training is crazy!!! I also love the hula hoop......It makes me sweat!!!!
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    Nothing but the free run makes me sweat, but I have alot of fun with the kids using it (and it makes them exercise)
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I like it and feel like it can be fun exercise, but since I got my Heart Rate Monitor, I have come to realize that wii fit doesn't keep my heart rate elevated long enough, so I burn less calories than I would like. To ensure that I keep the heart rate up a bit I try to really move my arms when I do step aerobics and pace/punch during the rhythm boxing "watch my moves" portion. If I don't, my heart rate doesn't stay in the right zone and I don't get the calorie burn I would like. Definitely fun, but the stronger/more athletic I get, the less I use it to work out. Good Luck!
  • SevenisHeaven
    SevenisHeaven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have recently incorporated Wii EA Sports Active 2 into my "workouts" (*I use workouts in " " because some people don't concider a Wii workout an actual workout*) But, I lost my first 40 pounds with the Wii Fit. I recently got a HRM and checked it against the calorie burn on the Wii Fit Plus, and it is pretty accurate.

Just like the advice I always give on the Wii Fit. If you were formerly sedentary, this is a GREAT option to get up and get moving. If you stick with it you WILL see the changes. If you have had backround in formal workouts, this probably isn't what your looking for.
  • SevenisHeaven
    SevenisHeaven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I like it and feel like it can be fun exercise, but since I got my Heart Rate Monitor, I have come to realize that wii fit doesn't keep my heart rate elevated long enough, so I burn less calories than I would like. To ensure that I keep the heart rate up a bit I try to really move my arms when I do step aerobics and pace/punch during the rhythm boxing "watch my moves" portion. If I don't, my heart rate doesn't stay in the right zone and I don't get the calorie burn I would like. Definitely fun, but the stronger/more athletic I get, the less I use it to work out. Good Luck!

I totally agree with this. I do the same thing (kicks/punches during the "watch my moves") Keep moving to keep your HR up.
  • Saraingreen
    Saraingreen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the previous statements that if you were previously sedentary, you can really burn some calories and get yourself conditioned for exercise using the Wii Fit. I found that after I used it for a few weeks the cardio wasn't enough for me, but the strength training exercises did help a lot with toning my butt (squats, lunges, those side reaches, etc). I forget what company makes it but we bought the Wii step elevation add on to make it higher. My husband would use the Free Step on Wii Fit with the elevated step while he watched TV, that is a way to amp up your calories burned. I don't use it quite as much anymore.

If you want to sweat though, I recommend getting DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) for Wii. Fun and I really sweat!
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you use Wi Fit It will work! But you have to eat right too! Walking everyday seems to help me more than anything! But if your exercising and sweating everyday you will lose weight! Good luck!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    The Wii can be great if you work with intensity . . . I have to try hard with it because of the breaks I get switching exercises.