Is my calorie counter correct?

Options
I recently bought a Timex Heart Rate Monitor/ Calorie Tracker. I entered my weight, max heart rate, etc. I have used it just a handful of times, but I am shocked at how many calories it says I'm burning. This morning I did an hour of high intensity Zumba and it said I burned 1318 calories for that one hour of Zumba. That just seems like a lot to me. Could that be correct?

Replies

• bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I had the oppostie problem this morning! Mine said 75 calories in a 60 minute workout! When I first got it, it was really close to the counter on MFP.
  • tamik6
    tamik6 Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't know for sure if its correct but I've heard a good 60 min Zumba workout can burn 1000 calories. Good job!
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    Try this counter.....someone recommended it to me on here. It seems to be pretty accurate if you have an average HR for the time you worked out.

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • kajunsarah
    Options
    I usually burn around 1000 for 60 mins of Zumba. This morning I burned a little less (900) because it was a Zumba toneing class. More weights then cardio. I'm addicted to Zumba and will do a Zumba class 4 times a week.
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    I think that is absolutely correct! I burn that easily during 60 minutes of high intensity Zumba! Way to push yourself!