Polar FT4 versus FT7

Options
Hi everybody,

I have been researching HRM's for a few weeks, looking at inet sites, reviews, reading posts on here, asking friends on here when they have bought one, etc.

I have come to the conclusion that Polar is the way to go, but cannot decide between FT4 or FT7. The main reason I would like one is to measure cals burned when exercising, but am also interested in getting 'in the zone' for fat burning.

I cannot really see the difference between the two, except for the price.

Can anybody explain the difference between to two, or advise if the FT4 will suffice for what I want out of it?

Sos for the boring 'HRM post' ..........

Wendy

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I use an FT4 and it gives me calories burned, time spent exercising, time, date, zone training.
    Easy to use.
    Comfortable strap.
    ERm...
    if you don't want more than to know how many calories you've burned and how long you've exercised and have a 'zone' to be in - it'll do fine.
    :O)
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a FT7 from Academy sporting goods on sale for 80 (regular 110)
    It works well and helps me stay at end of fat burn.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I just bought the FT7 and I love it. I can't compare the two though since this is the first HRM I've ever had. I love it because it was SO simple to get up and is so simple to operate. It's probably the ONE piece of electronic equipment I've ever had that didn't require my husband's help setting up or using.

I like the fact that it tells me how long my workout was, how many calories I burned, what my average heart rate was, what my maximum heart rate was, how much time I spent in my "fat burning zone" and how much time was spent in "fitness" mode. Having used it twice now, I know I need to tweak the amount of time I spend in the fat burning zone to get the most out of my workouts. I love the feedback.