Help! Too much sugar

softballqueen63
softballqueen63 Posts: 11
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I've only been doing this for 2 days but so far I'm over on my sugar for both days. It seems that the fruit I add to my meals is putting me Way over. Any suggestions?

Replies

• barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Berries are better than apples or oranges. I have trouble w my sugar intake also some days I just dont eat fruit.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    So much stuff has sugar in it - its horrible. I wouldn't worry about the fruit tho. The thing about sugar is that it causes the insulin levels to spike and store the sugar as fat - that's the "sugar pouch" belly issue. But the thing with fruit (fresh fruit) is that the fiber in the fruit offsets the glucose spikes. I would concentrate on removing the processed foods. yeah easier said than done - check out the sugar content in simple vanilla non-fat yogurt! its ridiculous. but moral of the story is that fruit is good sugar - dont remove them from ur diet just for the sugar count. theres other ways to reduce.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    So much stuff has sugar in it - its horrible. I wouldn't worry about the fruit tho. The thing about sugar is that it causes the insulin levels to spike and store the sugar as fat - that's the "sugar pouch" belly issue. But the thing with fruit (fresh fruit) is that the fiber in the fruit offsets the glucose spikes. I would concentrate on removing the processed foods. yeah easier said than done - check out the sugar content in simple vanilla non-fat yogurt! its ridiculous. but moral of the story is that fruit is good sugar - dont remove them from ur diet just for the sugar count. theres other ways to reduce.
This discussion has been closed.