You may be a little OCD if...

Options
LuckyLeprechaun
LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
These are some of the rules I have:

The stripes on my dishes have to be lined up in the cupboard. Ditto for the salad plates, bowls and coffee cups in this pattern.

Before I start to run the dishwasher, I have to close the door so that all the water runs down and escapes the soap tray. The dishwasher soap can only be placed into the receptacle if it is dry.

I must unlock all of the doors of the car by pressing the clicker twice, to open all of the locks (thus ensuring even usage). Applies whether I am alone or with passengers.

Vaccum lines in the carpet must be straight.

I must remove all stray hairs from my brush after every use.

I must clean the lint trap in the dryer not only between loads, but even if the door is opened and still-wet clothes are restarted. This helps the dryer breathe better.

I have loads more...I do think I am a little nuts...so please chime in and tell me yours.

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    These are some of the rules I have:

The stripes on my dishes have to be lined up in the cupboard. Ditto for the salad plates, bowls and coffee cups in this pattern.

Before I start to run the dishwasher, I have to close the door so that all the water runs down and escapes the soap tray. The dishwasher soap can only be placed into the receptacle if it is dry.

I must unlock all of the doors of the car by pressing the clicker twice, to open all of the locks (thus ensuring even usage). Applies whether I am alone or with passengers.

Vaccum lines in the carpet must be straight.

I must remove all stray hairs from my brush after every use.

I must clean the lint trap in the dryer not only between loads, but even if the door is opened and still-wet clothes are restarted. This helps the dryer breathe better.

I have loads more...I do think I am a little nuts...so please chime in and tell me yours.
    :sad: I recognised myself in some of those :sad: :sad:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    When I get a starbucks coffee, or any coffee that comes with the little sleeve, the seam on the sleeve must be lined up with the seam of the cup, and the little drinking hole on the lid has to be 180 degrees from the seams. Once aligned, I may start drinking it.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I can not go to sleep if something sharp or pointy is pointed at me like a pencial or an uncaped pen
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    perfectly reasonable.
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Lol I touch up paint my walls in my house every other day!
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    my hubby collar shirts are in a color order from light to dark in the closet, my shoes are in order from season to season as I would wear them. my whole dvd collection is in ABC order, all canned products in the pantry must be in a specific basket according to to its label is ( ex: one basket is veggies, one is tom sauce, one is kids chef boyardee, one is canned fruit, etc...) my spice cabinet is in order to how I use them and all facing towards me.
    I bleach my kitchen counters daily b/c I dont want kitchen bacteria. I wash "pretty" hanging up towels in the bathrooom weekly even thou they are just for looks..
    I too have OCD.....
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Everything has to end in an even number

When Im in class and the teacher wipes the board....I get very anxious if there is chalk left LOL

I have to check the door 7 times when I leave.....makes me late every day LOL
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    @taso42 - yours really made me laugh

One of mine is that when I hang clothes out to try I have to use the same coloured pegs for each item. For example if I begin by pegging the first trouser leg with a black peg then the second leg must also be pegged with a black peg!:blushing:

Another..... I can only get out of bed at a time that ends in a multiple of 5 so if it's 6:22 I will stay in bed until 6:25

How ridiculous am I LOL :laugh: :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes, my stephen King collection is arranged in order of publication, and my pantry sounds just like yours.

Does anybody in your life give you grief about it? My DH makes fun of the stripes on the dishes.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Does always trying to sit in the same spot in the bar every time you go there count? Or always parking your car in the same spot in the car park?

I'm sure I'll think of some more later.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Oh I am definitely OCD ... I click lights even numbers, I lock and unlock windows and doors 4 times everynight, I line things up, EVERYTHING has a place dont dare move or touch anything I own if you need it I need to hand it to you and when you return it hand it back to me so that I can ensure its proper placing, I also do the same things with dishes and my dishwasher as you ... I too could go on forever!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Does always trying to sit in the same spot in the bar every time you go there count? Or always parking your car in the same spot in the car park?

I'm sure I'll think of some more later.

I've circled a parking lot to get my same spot. I say it counts.
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    I have to eat Skittles, M&M's, Reece's Pieces, etc., in a color coordinated pattern. For instance, if I pour out a handful of M&M's with 2 reds, 2 blues and 1 yellow I will eat them as r, b, y, b, r. If someone comes along and takes and eats one once I have started them in order (my husband just loves to do this to me) I can't eat the rest of them.
    Any colored pegs in a board game have to be put back in a color coordinated order when you are finished playing the game.
    My shirts are organized in my drawers according to type (long-sleeve, short-sleeved, sweater, tank) and then in subdivisions according to pattern (stripes, polka dots, plain, etc.).
    I can't sleep with the bedroom door open or without a fan on (but the fan can't be blowing on me, just has to be making noise).
    I have to log every bite that passes my lips into this website.... lol. There are tons of others.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have to sleep on my side with my hair over my ears. It came from the tale of bugs getting into ears at night.
  • areiger
    areiger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't say much about I am also OCD. I cannot go to bed unless I have checked the doors multiple times to make sure they are locked. I also have to have a flashlight on my nightstand every night. My brother gave me a commemorative coin from a tour in Kuwait. If that's not in my right front pocket I go nuts.
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I not only clean the hairs out of my brush, I wash my comb and brush after each use.

All decorations and nik naks must be exactly were I put them and I can tell when they've been moved.

Toothpaste must be squeezed to the top near the opening when tube gets low.

Shower curtain has to be pulled close after you exit the tub.

I check to make sure all doors in the house are locked before going to bed at least twice, even if I see someone else lock it, I have to check to make sure.

I love reduced fat kettle style chips. That said, my craziest habit is that I pick out all thechips that are folded over or that curled up while cooking out of the bag and eat them first.

This is sort of off subject but a guy friend of mine would buy 2-3 bags and pick out all of the folded/curled up chips and put them in one bag for me! I thought that was the sweetest thing a person could do for me, lol!
  • reegordon
    Options
    I not only clean the hairs out of my brush, I wash my comb and brush after each use.

All decorations and nik naks must be exactly were I put them and I can tell when they've been moved.

Toothpaste must be squeezed to the top near the opening when tube gets low.

Shower curtain has to be pulled close after you exit the tub.

I check to make sure all doors in the house are locked before going to bed at least twice, even if I see someone else lock it, I have to check to make sure.

I love reduced fat kettle style chips. That said, my craziest habit is that I pick out all thechips that are folded over or that curled up while cooking out of the bag and eat them first.

This is sort of off subject but a guy friend of mine would buy 2-3 bags and pick out all of the folded/curled up chips and put them in one bag for me! I thought that was the sweetest thing a person could do for me, lol!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Toilet paper has to be over not under.

Towels must folded a certain way and put away, even if hubby does fold them, I have to refold them my way. (tri-folder here)

Must use a certain restroom at work, if occupied, may come back later. (the middle one)

No shoes in house, but slippers are ok.

Milk must go two days before expiration day (at least, sometimes more).

No leftovers. I have a phobia of leftovers. Perhaps it is from cleaning the fridge and finding those containers of who knows what and what color it is now.

Must have light on in house. Can not be in the dark ever.

Can't swim in water I can not see my feet in. (Hello...Jaws may get in the lake you know)

Must go to sleep with socks on (clothing optional).

Guest towel must be hung just so, with little towel of different color paired with it just so. Use it for your hands and it has to be washed and replaced.

I can not eat food that is mushy like oatmeal or anything like that. A texture thing...it freaks me out.
  • reegordon
    Options
    OMG! I do the exact same thing with the candy. My kids laugh at me all the time but I'm glad to know I'm not alone, lol!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    That is So SWEET