Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calories

Does anyone know if there is a website that can calculate how many calories are in a certain food? I went to an independent restaurant for lunch and I do not know how to determine how many calories I had.

Replies

• Does anyone know if there is a website that can calculate how many calories are in a certain food? I went to an independent restaurant for lunch and I do not know how to determine how many calories I had.

I would try to go to calorieking.com they normally have most resturants. what did you have?
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    calorie king.com
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    You might try the recipe calculator here on MFP. Go to food, my recipes, and to the right there should be a green button to create a new recipe. You can use generic items to estimate how many cals were in your food. Good luck! If all else fails, I google.
  • I had a California Burrito. It had steak strips, onions, tomatoes, sour cream, lettuce all wrapped in a glorious flour tortilla with melted cheese on top *lol* It was yummy. But huge.
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Is it possible for you to call the restaurant and ask for the nutirional information for the meal you had. Even if you had something common like a stir fry depending on what ingredients were used and how it was prepared it may not be the same caloires, sodium content etc. as another restaurant with the same meal.

Sorry wrote this before I saw what you had to eat.
  • Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    I had a California Burrito. It had steak strips, onions, tomatoes, sour cream, lettuce all wrapped in a glorious flour tortilla with melted cheese on top *lol* It was yummy. But huge.

You just had to give us a description, didn't you!
    Sounds delicious!:love:
  • kamechaf
    kamechaf Posts: 87 Member
    I had a California Burrito. It had steak strips, onions, tomatoes, sour cream, lettuce all wrapped in a glorious flour tortilla with melted cheese on top *lol* It was yummy. But huge.

OMG I LOVE CALIFORNIA BURRITOS! ******FAT GIRL MOMENT!********
  • HOLY SHNIKES! It has 973 calories! OMG!
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    start walking.....:tongue:
  • HAHA! Yes I did! It was worth NINE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THREE freakin calories! Thats a lot!