30 day Shred! Tomorrow is my day to start it!

Options
I have had the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for a year now. It has collected some dust unfortunately :( I have never fully committed to doing it the full 30 days. After reading all the different posts about it on this site I am truly motivated to start this tomorrow morning! I want to commit to it for the next 30 days. Just one question.....how do I determine the amount of calories I am burning??

Replies

• judyfurtado
    judyfurtado Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do it and say 20-25 minutes circuit training
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    I wear my HRM while doing it and only burn about 130 calories... it's not a huge calorie burner in my experience.
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    I log it as circuit training general. I did Day 25 today. It's definitely worth the 9 bucks I paid for it lol. Good luck!!
  • sfcop311
    sfcop311 Posts: 21
    Options
    I just started it also!!! Good luck...
  • 2011EP
    2011EP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I also started recently. I've looked it up online and for an avg. 145 lb woman they said it burns around 235 calories for 20 min (1 complete excercise). The general consensus seems to be that it does more for toning and losing inches than actual lbs persay but people say they love it and that it works. I personally find it really challenging and I sweat a lot---which is always a good sign. Best of luck!
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Go for it!! I didn't lose many pounds because my nutrition wasn't that great, I had lots of naughty weekends with eating bad things! :S but I lost inches! In fact I lost 12.5 inches! I did it every single day for 30 days and it changed my whole body shape, I burn inbetween 215-250ish calories per level xxx
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I have not taken measurements, but I will tonight. I can't wait to see the results!
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm only new to the 30DS (Day 5 today). Loving it so far, legs did hurt for a day or to but totally gone now :)

Good Luck