Girl Scout Cookies

Options
Allowing my self one box of Samoas this year, I can't resist and its for a good cause. I will be eating them during spring break because I will have time for two trips to the gym a day every day that week. Anyone else giving into the cookie sensation?

Replies

• GetFitWithDe
    Options
    Yeah I love Samoas and would love to get some but I have no self control when it comes to those cookies! Enjoy for me please :-)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Yes, but fitting it into the daily plan. I think I ate most of a box of Thin Mints... plus a couple Tagalongs. I've left the other 2 boxes we have here alone. That is over a couple of weeks though, not all at once! I don't usually eat tons of cookies and sweets outside of the holidays and GS Cookies so I'm not going to feel guilty. :)
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Yum.... samoas and thin mints!!! But our girl scout cookie time is usually in the fall.... Enjoy!!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    GS Cookies in Canada are awful. No temptation whatsoever.
  • Beach_Chica
    Beach_Chica Posts: 111
    Options
    Yeah I love Samoas and would love to get some but I have no self control when it comes to those cookies! Enjoy for me please :-)

I was on hungry-girl.com today and ran across an article that might interest you. Even if you can't have your cookies, you can find a supplement to it.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/askhg/show/1926
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    5 trefoil (shortbread) are only 150 cals or so.
    2 samoas are 160 cals.

Trefoil just happen to be my favorite. I ate one box over the course of 2-3 weeks. It was delicious. :)
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    God I want thin mints like no other, but alas I did not purchase any because I would eat a sleeve of them before I even knew they were gone!
  • Netta5
    Netta5 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yummy!!! Somas are my favorite but I learned the hard way that I can't control my self when it comes to them. Enjoy some for me as well.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I have in my house as we speak four boxes of cookies. I just have surprised myself with how good I am at staying in control! When I was younger I was a Girl Scout and would time myself eating a sleeve of Thin Mints. I could do it under a minute. Now I'm ok with just one or two. And I only eat one if it fits into my calories for the day.
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been intentionally "forgetting" to order any cookies, but I did eat one at work the other day. A Samoa. Sweet golly gosh, it was amazing. My trouble is if I have any here, I will eat. them. all. Sometimes a box in one sitting. No bueno. Eventualy I'll have "forgotten" so long that they won't be available anymore and I'll be SAFE till next year. Maybe by then I'll be closer to my goal, and can survive having them in my house!
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would give into temptation all the time and eat all my thin mints and lemon cookies if I had the option. But instead, I would get a cup of vanilla (lactose free) ice cream, and crumble ONE thin mint over the top. It satisfied my sweet tooth without me indulging in a whole sleeve of cookies!
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Love Thin Mints and DH brought some home but have eaten only 3 cookies!! Yay for me:flowerforyou:
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I bought 4 boxes and had DH hide them from me til my contest is over. I figure after that I will work them into my daily calories and have a couple ever few days or so. Of course I also have the fact that as soon as my kids know where they are, I won't get anymore anyway...
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have had to battle girl scout cookies all month! My daisy troop sold 1317 boxes plus my older daughter sold 240 boxes with her troop. This year we had them on hand as we sold. It was sooo easy to go to the garage and get them. I want to complain that I went to the gym 5 days a week and still didn't lose weight. However I ate more than enough cookies. Tomorrow we are finished! I ate some of everything no self control! Very disappointed in myself however at least I'm back to my beginning weight starting Feb 1st.
  • missyjmet
    missyjmet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i love the Samoas and Trefoils! I usually put the Samoas in my freezer and then forget about them. We'll see how they fair this year.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I allowed my daughters to have 1 pack, I have not touched them. I look at it as not worth giving up that many calories for just a cookie or two... I allow them 1 per day. Temptation is high especially when they are everywhere, but my will power is stronger.

I too would eat a sleeve of thin mints in one sitting - so cannot buy them!
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i have one box of thin mints, in which i have eaten one sleeve of them over the course of a week. I know i will probably eat the other sleeve next week. But that ok because once they are all gone I dont have to here them calling me from in my desk "Eat me eat me, mint and chocolate, you know you want to eat me." lol
  • gypsybeke
    gypsybeke Posts: 12
    Options
    I too have given in to the purchase of a box of thin mints and a box of tagalongs. This year, however, I have shown surprising resistance to their siren calls and only eaten the correct serving size every couple days. I feel like a will-power goddess! :)
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Ah tagalongs and samoas are my favorites! I hadn't thought about them at all this year until I come to my parent's house for spring break, open the fridge and there sits two boxes! But I haven't touched them...!
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    My nieces were selling them, so I bought 3 boxes each of samoas and thin mints. All 6 boxes are in the garage freezer at my mom's house. I haven't been over there since I bought them, but am going over tomorrow. The plan is to take out 2 cookies while I'm there. That way I can still enjoy the treat, support my nieces but not lose my mind and eat the whole box...which I totally would!! ;)