Awesome Cookbook

Options
lkm111
lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
I just got "Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook"

I've already used three or four recipes and all were great! It is broken down not only by meal, but also by calorie count, so if you only have 150 calories left in your day, you can find a 150 calorie dessert. Not sure how new it is, but I thought it was worth the money. Happy cooking!

Replies

• ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    taste of home is the BOMB..
    I have the last 5 years of blue ribbon winners and the almost homemade version

great ideas
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    how much does it cost? Where can you buy them at?
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I found 2 on Amazon. One has about 42 great reviews and the other has about 10 great ones. Just wondered what color the front of your is. I think I'm going to order one of them. I think it's only about $7. Everyone really rates them good.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Love the book myself! Use it all the time! You can get it at amazon.com or at the taste of home website and there are actually two versions! Check the copyright as the latest one is the best!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I actually bought that book and then realized that you can get on the taste of home website for free and print the recipes off. I am doing that and making my own cookbook. I got tired of making the food and not tasting good so I read the reviews before printing them.
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I bought the Taste of Home Diet Comfort Foods book as well and I have made soooooo many recipes out of it! They have all been wonderful! It is my favorite! Plus there is a free subscription card to redeem for a year (6 month) subscription to their Healthy Cooking magazine. I bought mine at Sams Club for I think $16.00. The subscription card is worth around $15.00. My other favorite cookbook is the "300 Calorie Fix". There are a ton of great recipes and info in that one!
  • Bronwyn9
    Bronwyn9 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have this book and love it! I just made the Italian Cabbage Casserole again tonight. 223 calories per big serving, and it tastes just like Lasagna. I've made several other recipes, too. Definitely worth the $16.15 (price tag is still on it!) from Walmart. Sent in my free magazine subscription, too. Go get one!
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was checking their website out earlier and they have alot of lighter desert recipes that sound amazing!
  • gonnabeHOT_Heidi
    gonnabeHOT_Heidi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I own both 2010 and 2011 ones and i would say they are the BEST cookbooks ever! and that free subscription in the front pretty much makes it free... great deal! Highly recommend! We have a bunch of the recipes and pics on our blog check it out!
    http://3sistaslosingit.blogspot.com/
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my book to come in. Amazon has some bargains books and I got it for a little over $7. I figured with the subscription and not having to use my ink to print off the website I would come out better to just buy it at this price.I think mine might be the 2009 edition, but that's ok.
  • vicksters31
    vicksters31 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good!