leaving for Florida in a month.. i need a miracle!

Options
im leaving next month for Florida, boy this has really made me think about how my body is gonna look in a bathing suit compared to everyone elses:embarassed: ... i have been trying to work out more and eat less. sometimes its so hard and sometimes i feel too tired to go to the gym or when i eat i dont feel full. does anyone have any good ideas or and help on ways i can lose weight before Florida? should i be doing more cardio or weights? im really nervous about wearing a bathing suit in front of everyone! i need confidence and support!

Ashley:smile:

Replies

• neuroticalme
    neuroticalme Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just shake what your mama gave ya. You'll only healthily lose about 5 lbs before the trip anyway, and there's not going to be that much difference in your body even from intense exercise. Spot reduction is a myth. You'll just gain a lot of stress.

That isn't to say that you should delay good or better habits. Go for it. Just be realistic as to what things are going to be like a month from now. Eat well, be active, feel better, and that confidence will come through. Also, pick a bathing suit that's suited to your body type, and don't worry about what anyone else is wearing.

Most importantly: Have fun. In the future, you're not going to remember what your thighs looked like on your trip, and neither is anyone else. But you will certainly remember not having a good time by worrying about it.

((hugs))
  • AshleyXoBebeXo
    Options
    thank you so much . you are right no one.. even me is going to remember what i look like down there. i should just focus on having fun and not caring what i look like. i should keep trying to workout though because if i keep going towards a goal such as looking good for Florida i might carry those habits into after Florida and maybe by the next time i go ill have a rockin body haha. but thank you that made me feel a lot better!
  • lilsweetslol
    lilsweetslol Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    eating 5 smaller meals throughout the day ( if you already are doing that kudos ! ) make sure to do cardio and weights because muscle actually burns more calories than fat does : )

Drink LOTS of water too.. based on your weight about 64 ounces of water per day. drinking that water makes you feel fuller and also helps flush the fat out.

you can safely lose 2 pounds a week until your trip.

of course there are several silly crash things you can do like taking water pills, rubbing hemroid cream on your stomach and wrapping yourself in saran wrap! lol.. cutting all carbs for a few weeks..

I always say mix it up with the workouts.. add boxing or kickboxing and dancing.. these things burn tons of calories and are fun to do..
    but always remember .. you are simply beautiful and have fun.. i hope i will get to see you down there..:flowerforyou:
    xoxo
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    First of all, it isn't about how you look compared to anyone. set your goals, start working toward them and continue throughout your trip and after. You'll never see 99% of the people you come across afterwords anyhow. set a plan to be healthy. Make yourself number one.
  • AshleyXoBebeXo
    Options
    see i would be eating 5 smaller meals but my problem is that im a snacker. i snack through out the day especially at work because they bring so many goodies in during the day.

i been doing a mix of cardio and weigh training at the gym.i usually do the elliptical bike or treadmill and then some weight training on some of the machines

another big thing for me is cutting my caffeine especially pop (aka soda for everyone else lol) i feel like death if i dont drink it during the day so i been trying to cut down but it has been hard but i been drinking a lot more water and even some sobe water (which tastes really good if you never tried it, better then vitamin water in my opinion, just sayin)

my biggest problem is my confidence i just need to remember not everyone is looking at me or judging me on how i look and most of you are right. i will never see most of these people again. i just want to feel good in bathing suit which is hard. i dont mean to be self conscious it just stinks being 20 and seeing a lot of your friends skinnier then you and it making you feel down, but i deff. will remember what you guys said on not worrying about what others think.
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    Drink Lots of water and make good food choices. Someone posted to lose 5lbs the healthyway and I agree. You will feel good if you are healthy. And feeling good is half the battle.

(this will be cruel and I will probably get some nasty responses for this next comment but its the truth and I always try to be truthful)

When I go to the beach I try and find someone that clearly looks worse than me in a swimsuit and just focus on that while I am there. I dont stare..... I just know in my head that if I start to feel self conscience that there is definitely worse looking down the beach a few yards, and i feel better. I know its vain.... but it gets me through the day and I am working really hard to look better.... Have fun Florida is AWESOME!!!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Drink water and use lemon or lime, anything to flavor it, if you have trouble drinking it on it's own. Work on cutting out 1 caffeine at a time - cut the pop first (way too much sugar which equals carbs, which often turns into fat) - substitute with black coffee - use Splenda instead of sugar. I like tea and used that to get off the pop myself - used 2 packets splenda to 1 cup of tea - makes it sweeter and counts for nothing on calorie intake. Honestly, I have tea 4-5 times a week, sometimes more... Then eventually cut back on the coffee - going cold turkey on caffeine has never worked for me. Just remember, coffee and tea do not count towards your water intake. So somehow you need to make sure to get minimum 64 ounces water daily.

I agree about the trip, but keep working out - should be easier to get out and enjoy a walk on the beach if you are already in the workout mode - then you get to have some fun while exercising too!

Enjoy your trip!
  • AshleyXoBebeXo
    Options
    thanks guys! today i only had one pop which im really proud of because usually by this time i would of had 3 to 4. i also drank a whole water bottle while working out which i think helped me go longer actually instead of drinking a AMP energy drink or something of that nature. i was thinking about using green tea too. i never tried it but i hear it is good for managing weight, has anyone else heard this?

and i agree about the whole finding someone who looks worse then you, at least you are honest, i mean we all have done it at one point in out life. but im hoping since it will be in April that the beaches wont be as crowded. i mean i know im gonna have fun i just hope i will feel a little better about my body if i keep working out until i go, thanks for the advice though everyone!