Help me please!!!!!! I need advice.

crazymel
crazymel Posts: 24
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
During this week I have put on 3 pounds. No joke. And it seems to be going up. I feel really low because of it and I don't know what caused it. I've had a few tummy troubles yesterday, but my weight was at an all time high this morning.
I don't think I've been eating out of control this week and I've been doing exercise a bit more.
Does anybody have any insight???? I would love it if someone could help me!

Replies

• kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    This happened to me yesterday and I put on 2 lbs. I did have 2 bad days for celebrating my fiancé's birthday but when I worked out my calorie intake compared to the deficit from the rest of the week I was still well under what it should take to maintain. If anything I should have lost a little. It makes you feel like you can't have a couple of bad / normal days without putting on.

However, when I calmed down and thought about it rationally I thought about all the times I had lost weight in the past and the same thing has happened. I then remembered the times I stuck to it after this and within 1 or 2 weeks it came off and then you continue to lose. It is just your body going into starvation mode and holding back the calories instead of realeasing them. It will give them up eventually cos it has to. You just need to be patient with it and try not to get disheartened cos if you perservere it WILL come off. Also it may be to do with menstrual cycle and water retention.

If you search for "Frustrated beyond belief-WHY is there a weight GAIN??" on the forum there are loads of answers on there regarding this. Try not to get disheartened as it will come off as long as you persevere and don't give up!
  • crazymel
    crazymel Posts: 24
    thanks very much!!
  • em_lou007
    em_lou007 Posts: 117
    Hiya

Sorry to hear you feel down I understand it's tough, i'm no expert but can give you my opinion.

Remember though that your doing the right things by tracking and exercising and for asking for help :smile:

Do you weigh yourself everyday? If so i'd stop and just do it once a week as water retention and other factors can affect you weight on a daily basis.

I have IBS and that can affect my weight loss - also consider TOM as I know that can affect alot of ladies

Good luck and I hope you work it out soon

:flowerforyou:
  • not2late
    not2late Posts: 98 Member
    Firstly, if you want help make your diary public so others can read it and give hints and tips. Secondly there are many possible causes. If you read this post http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186936-shock-veggies-make-you-weigh-more you will see that when I switched to eating a lot of high fibre food for 2 days I carried extra weight, over a kilo, until they passed through.

Key to all this is tracking everything you ea and drink, everthing, in the MFP food diary.
  • Meghann218
    Meghann218 Posts: 32 Member
    Be patient, i know its hard but you will get their. One thing to remember is you might gain muscle and another is sometimes i will eat tooo much sodium and put on extra water weight. I added sodium to my food category so i could keep an eye on it. when i know i had too much i make sure i dont weigh myself, if i happen too i am more weight. Remeber its not bad to be under your calorie weight but not too much, its important to get all you nutrients to lose the weight. Good Luck and hope it helps some.
  • Linda4859
    Linda4859 Posts: 78
    I agree with most of the statements on hear, salt TOM and starvation mode are all factors that need to be considered, it does and will happen to us all, dont lose heart you are doing well and will continue to do so. Have a great day. x
  • Page83
    Page83 Posts: 23
    it could be AF on its way, i can put on a couple of kg when im due but it goes after a couple of days. could just be fluid retention. if you have been exersising and not eating over your recomended calorie intake then i dont think it would be fat gain.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    IBS causes this problem for me. The good news is as soon as I "clear my system out" I can lose 3-4 pounds lol. I also might show more weight if my sodium has been unusually high.
This discussion has been closed.