how long did it take to lose massive weight?

Options
kangakev
kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
two months along...I have lost 7kg (15lbs)..need to lose another 63kg to see recommended weight. Just wondered if others have lost massive amounts of weight and how long it took you to do it. I figure this will take me about 20months

Replies

• cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    its taken me 15 months so far to lose 61lb I still have another 50lb to lose to get to goal and a further 15 if I want to get into the ideal BMI bracket I'm hoping to get to goal by the end of the year but realistically it will probably take me at least a year from now
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I can't help with how long it will take. It's taken me just over 6 months to lose 30 pounds, but that's over half of my goal.

Just want to say: DON'T GIVE UP! Looked at your profile and your reasons are definitely worthy and you are worth it! It's awesome that you're doing it and this website definitely helps. Keep the faith!
  • SpencerR
    SpencerR Posts: 37
    Options
    That all depends on YOU!!! When losing a lot of weight (over 50lbs) its becomes more about the person as to how fast it comes off. If u want it off fast you gotta spend arounf 4 hours doing exercise and cardio. Can't eat more than 1400 calories ALL day. It'll come off pretty quick to. There is a show here in america called "I use to be fat" and it is very inspirational to me. It takes teenagers that are very obese and gives them around 100 days to lose as much weight as possible. Grant it they have a trainer but its all up to them. The results for those who work hard at it are AMAZING. Grant it I never had to lose a TON of weight but I've lost 22lbs so far. Its taken me about 4-5 months to do. I wish u the best of luck in your journey. Remember to eat no less than 1200 calories a day and try to get atleast 1 hour of exercise a day. Wether its walking or anything that'll get ur heart rate up. A good goal seems to b 1 mile in under 10 minutes.
    \

GOOD LUCK
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    It took me just under 6 months to lose 81 pounds, but I owe it all to the fabulous program I am on.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i think people weight loss is going to vary on the person. the more you move and the less calories you consume the more you are going to loose. don't starve yourself. talk to your doctor about seeing a nutritionist if you can, that person will be able to give you information on how to exchange fatty foods for something a little healthier. they can also set you up on a weight and exercise program especially for you.
    the thing you have to remember is that it took time for all of us to get to the size we are and it is going to take time for us to loose it. don't get discouraged if you aren't loosing as quickly as others are or if you aren't loosing as quickly as you think you should. if you are averaging a pound a week that is still good healthy weight loss. the slower it takes you the less likely you are going to be to gain it all back. try to focus on eating more fruits and veggies. less processed foods. drink more water and less soda. lower your salt intake. remember alot of processed foods have lots of sodium. that's why they taste so good.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I've lost 59 lbs in 4 months just from following MFP and working out. I have quite a bit more to lose though.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 pounds in 18 months
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    In 2008 I lost 88 lbs in 12 months. Hoping to do close to that this time (or better if I really focus).

The speed of loss varies by person. Just make sure you do it the healthy way and avoid any fad diets that people might try to push at you. Using MFP, eating less and moving more is the safe way to do it and it will be much easier to maintain than any fad diet.

Good luck!