fat loss and lean nuscle

mrichardson23
mrichardson23 Posts: 5
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
hi all

I am looking for some help with building up and gaining lean muscle, but with minimal fat. I have over the past year gone from 17stone down to 13. I lost the weight as a lot of it was fat. i have now got down to 15% body fat and really i was looking to get that below 10% but i also want to build lean muscle. i know that loosing fat and gaining muscle cant be done at the same time, so what i want is to gain muscle and preferably put no fat on. i currently use reflex creapure creatine and i train using weights 3 times a week and also do interval training for cardio.

on my weight training i do two to three sets of 10 but on the last set i train to failure,using the biggest weight i can. as for my interval i generally use the rower, where i do do 250mtrs as quick as i can, rest for 40 seconds then i try to beat this time each interval. i can normally manage up to 7intervals. i do each week a timed mile and half run which i complete in just under 11minutes.

So i am 13stone, 182 pounds, and 15%fat. i have a good clean diet and eat 4meals a day normally totaling arounf 2000 to 2300 calories

i normally have granoala with goji berries and sunflower seed with natural yogurt
then a tin of tuna in an whole meal pitta
the next two meals normally are either chicken with beans or passatta, chilli con carne with lean steak mince or jacket with beans
i also try to have a protein shake after my training sessions.

so is there any supplements i could use? a change in my training programme? or is it my diet that needs tweeking?

any help is welcomed, and sorry for all the long winded explaination

many thanks mike
This discussion has been closed.