Question...????

The site gives you a set amount of Calories your allowed a day.Now do you have to eat all those calories? Example Im allowed 1,820 .....After the whole day I have 702 calories remaining. What do I do? Please Help. Another thing is when i put in my excerise, It gives me more calories allowed. Does this mean eat more? HElp im Confused :frown:

Replies

• The site gives you a set amount of Calories your allowed a day.Now do you have to eat all those calories? Example Im allowed 1,820 .....After the whole day I have 702 calories remaining. What do I do? Please Help. Another thing is when i put in my excerise, It gives me more calories allowed. Does this mean eat more? HElp im Confused :frown:
  • You must not need to lose a whole lot. I am only allowed 1200 calories a day. I do good if I can keep under that as I love high calorie foods...but I am trying. I don't think you have to eat that many calories if you are not hungry anymore. I am really not sure about that, Hopefully someone can help you with that. Good Luck. :happy:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    You need to eat no less then 1200 calories per day. You body needs that to function properly. It needs it for things like breathing, heart beat, etc…..
    So your answer is yes you do need to eat the whole 1200 every day. It is unhealthy to eat less then that. :flowerforyou:
  • My doctor just recently told me that as long as you get as close as possible to 1200 calories you will be fine! Too much under that and your body can go into starvation mode! Now it won't hurt you for being under that a few times but not everyday! Good luck and hang in there!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    1200 MINIMUM. And then - eat the calories given to you for your exercise. If you don't believe this is correct I strongly urge you to see your doctor or a nutrtionist. Or go to the Mayo Clinic website, or Web MD, or any respected medical website and read about calories and starvation mode.
  • Shannon072
    If you put in your body weight, your age and your goals and the program is telling you to eat 1800 calories a day then you must not need to lose a whole lot of weight in the first place or you need that many calories for the situation you are in which we are not sure of. It is not recommended to go under 1200 calories a day for anyone, and try to stick with your healthy foods and not everything you eat being "non-fat" because you do need your healthy fats (omega 3) and you need your proteins which are both high in calories so maybe you should be looking at what your eating and try to stick with your protein goal and not the calorie goal so much.
    Just a suggestion, I wish I had the problem of having that many calories left!