TMI-Constipation Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Miralax should be taken daily bc it can take up to 5 days to produce a b.m. try ducolax its easy on your stomach. Also you may try a glycerin suppository. Good luck!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    a week is a really long time especially if you're not feeling 100%. if u can't get to a doctor, u can ask a pharmacist. and don't be embarrassed, they've heard weirder stuff, and constipation is pretty common. they'll tell u the best over the counter stuff to take.

i think craft is right on. it can be dangerous if it builds up for too long. best to speak with a professional. good luck!
  • cbowman36
    cbowman36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    or a trip to the doctor if that doesn't help. A bowel obstruction is very dangerous and (sorry about the imagery) if it doesn't come out one way it will come out the other. I KNOW you don't want to vomit that! If you are on certain medications sometimes the side effects are constipation and you will need more fiber in your diet or something like Benefiber on a regular basis. I hope I helped and didn't gross everyone out too much.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Prunes stewed in black tea...works the magic for many of the Pensioners I used to look after. I sometimes use it myself and they taste yummy and do seem to work. For a maintenance prevention for myselfI take oat bran..at least 2 ounces per day..that works well.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    A good ab workout can work wonders. I found a significant difference between before and after I started doing my regular ab workouts.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor's! Then make sure you get loads of fibre and liquids so it doesn't happen again.

Also, my son's gastroenterologist swears by a poo routine. Your brain sends out a poo signal after each meal, so try going after breakfast and dinner to catch that reflex. There is also a poo position we have had to teach him: knees higher than hips, elbows on knees, back straight and stick out your tummy. I have to say both routine and position work perfectly for me :laugh: