MFP Runners Club- July 5th

Options
pmkelly409
pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
OMG!!! A rare chance to start today's post!!! WOW!! 47b20s0.gif

Good Morning all my amazing running buddies!! :flowerforyou:

I ran 8 miles this morning!!! Banane21.gif

And I am going to be emoticon happy today because I finished 8 miles! 19.gif

I ran it with a friend of mine who is a pro - so we did a 9:15 pace I think - we finished in 1:14 *runs to check pace calculator* yup that is correct! ACK!! I was shooting for a 10 minute pace - she pushed me and I did it! Just shows the mental games we play with ourselves!!

Happy Saturday everyone - hope you have a beautiful day and for everyone who is running today - run your buns off!! chase.gif

xxoo
Tricia
bliss.gif

Replies

• pmkelly409
    Options
    OMG!!! A rare chance to start today's post!!! WOW!! 47b20s0.gif

Good Morning all my amazing running buddies!! :flowerforyou:

I ran 8 miles this morning!!! Banane21.gif

And I am going to be emoticon happy today because I finished 8 miles! 19.gif

I ran it with a friend of mine who is a pro - so we did a 9:15 pace I think - we finished in 1:14 *runs to check pace calculator* yup that is correct! ACK!! I was shooting for a 10 minute pace - she pushed me and I did it! Just shows the mental games we play with ourselves!!

Happy Saturday everyone - hope you have a beautiful day and for everyone who is running today - run your buns off!! chase.gif

xxoo
    Tricia
    bliss.gif
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Way to go Tricia! You are awesome! :bigsmile:

I'm planning to run 8 miles, too. Got my gear on and heading out now. Don't think I can match your 9:15 pace, but as you say, it's all mental. You'll be my inspiration today!

Thanks!

Julie
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Way to go Tricia! Congrats on 8 whole miles.

Have fun Julie!

Today is another rest day for me. No running.

Enjoy the day:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Yay-hoooooie Tricia!!! WTG!!!! :drinker:

Well according to mapmyrun I ran 11 miles, but I'm thinking closer to 10 because it only took my 97 minutes and I was sluggy today!! :ohwell:

Makes up for "some" of yesterday's cole slaw I shnarfed down! :bigsmile:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Yay-hoooooie Tricia!!! WTG!!!! :drinker:

Well according to mapmyrun I ran 11 miles, but I'm thinking closer to 10 because it only took my 97 minutes and I was sluggy today!! :ohwell:

Makes up for "some" of yesterday's cole slaw I shnarfed down! :bigsmile:

WOW! 11 miles! you get lots of happy dances too then!! YEA YOU!!
    banana_smiley_7.gifbanana_smiley_7.gifbanana_smiley_7.gifbanana_smiley_7.gif
    banana_smiley_2.gif<
    super Shannon!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Way to go Tricia! You are awesome! :bigsmile:

I'm planning to run 8 miles, too. Got my gear on and heading out now. Don't think I can match your 9:15 pace, but as you say, it's all mental. You'll be my inspiration today!

Thanks!

Julie

waiting anxiously to see how you did.....146fs495919.gif
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    Wowzers, Tricia on the 9:15 mile! That rocks!!! And congrats to everyone else that got out and ran their tails off!!

I did 25 minutes again last night, but had to walk a minute in the middle. I think I might take it outside today and see what happens with that!!

Keep up the great running today!!
    Heidi
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Wowzers, Tricia on the 9:15 mile! That rocks!!! And congrats to everyone else that got out and ran their tails off!!

I did 25 minutes again last night, but had to walk a minute in the middle. I think I might take it outside today and see what happens with that!!

Heidi

Get out there and do it!!
    19.gif
    Heidi, Heidi she's our girl! 19.gif
  • Shannon023
    Options

Heidi

Glad you're sticking with it, Heidi! It'll become an obsession with you before you know it! :smokin:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job Tricia and Shannon! It really is true that a lot of it is mental. That for me always seems to be the biggest hurdle to overcome. It's amazing what we can do if we can just talk ourselves into it (or more likely not talk ourselves out of it!)

Yesterday I lifted weights and went three miles on the elliptical. Today is off. We're having a barbecue to celebrate my baby grandaughter with my side of the family, so we moved our long run to tomorrow morning instead. Tomorrow we will go 12 miles again.

Good luck everybody on your runs this weekend!:tongue:

Terry
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm still enjoying my wonderful vacation, but we're still running too! I think we've burned more calories this week than we burn in 2 weeks at home. The scenery is so amazing, I can't help but run! We ran Wednesday and yesterday (failed to post) for a 2 miles on some serious hills. I'm feeling parts of my legs burn that never hurt before. We run in the evenings when the kids are with Grandma, so I am anticipating another 2 miles later today. Since we're in my hubby's hometown, he thought of another trail he wants to try today. I can't wait! Happy running to everyone and congrats to those who have finished!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Christina
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Any advice on how to get over a mental block? I've been training for a 5k and been doing really good, but this week I sucked so hard! One day I only ran 17 minutes and the next 12. I had been running a consistent 28. I know it isn't much, but a lot for me. I've taken the rest of the week off... but on Monday I want to be out there RUNNING again. Not whining like a little baby.:cry:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I was aiming for 8 miles but only did about 6.5 because my Nike+ iPod was acting up and wouldn't play any music or calculate my distance. I was running an out and back route and was a little over 3 miles into it when this happened.

I was a little worried about my "pwecious" ipod so I turned around and went back. It was SO strange to run without music and hear everything--cows, cars, birds, flowing water, people on bikes, my own breathing--it's been a while since I've done that. But it was good to get back to the "basics." :happy:

I think my pace was somewhere around 10:20.

And any run is a good run, right?

debuckl--getting over a mental block isn't easy, but what works for me is my motivation. Why do I run? I run because it makes me feel good, look good, gives me "alone time" (important for a mother of 4), and I'm able to eat more when I do. All of that combined gets me out there pounding the pavement. Hope that helps...

Enjoy your day, all!

Julie
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Great Job everyone! I am forced to take a few days rest, my right foot is a bit swollen ( I have no idea what I did to it) and I torqued my knee yesterday (I'm sure from trying to compensate for the swollen foot).

It's ridiculous, I hear what my body is trying to tell me but I must need to clean the wax out of my ears :laugh: because I don't do what I should. Anyway, a few days wont kill my plans
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    The athletic, intelligent, and beautiful women of MFP are out there tearing it up again today! Way to go.

Okay, I admit I might be a little crazy, but I want to pole vault again. It has been years, but as I get in better and better shape I can hear the call.

After I did my arm, shoulder, and ab workout today I decided to do some speed work on the track. I need to be able to sprint for pole vaulting. Even though I have been running for a while, I never break into a sprint. I was doing repeat 100s, trying to run hard but not quite hit sprint speed. On the 6th one I was feeling good, started sprinting, and pulled a hamstring. It is not too bad, and now I know what I need to work on.

A man has got to have a dream. Geezer pole vaulting is mine.

Jim
  • Shannon023
    Options
    The athletic, intelligent, and beautiful women of MFP are out there tearing it up again today! Way to go.

Okay, I admit I might be a little crazy, but I want to pole vault again. It has been years, but as I get in better and better shape I can hear the call.

After I did my arm, shoulder, and ab workout today I decided to do some speed work on the track. I need to be able to sprint for pole vaulting. Even though I have been running for a while, I never break into a sprint. I was doing repeat 100s, trying to run hard but not quite hit sprint speed. On the 6th one I was feeling good, started sprinting, and pulled a hamstring. It is not too bad, and now I know what I need to work on.

A man has got to have a dream. Geezer pole vaulting is mine.

Jim

Soooo..ditching us for the MFP Pole Vaulter's Club, eh??? Hrmpf!!!! CrossedArms.gif
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous! I would have loved to have gone for a run yesterday or today, but I ended up with strep so I figured I'd better lay low for a day or 2. I'm hoping to get an 8 mile race at some point this week, but it's been so long since I've done a long run, I might not make it.

Enjoy your run and run an extra mile for me!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Any advice on how to get over a mental block? I've been training for a 5k and been doing really good, but this week I sucked so hard! One day I only ran 17 minutes and the next 12. I had been running a consistent 28. I know it isn't much, but a lot for me. I've taken the rest of the week off... but on Monday I want to be out there RUNNING again. Not whining like a little baby.:cry:

Hi Debuckle
    I just finished training for a 5k and am now into the next program which trains for a 5 or 10K I know that I had good weeks and bad. We slowly increased our distance and used a run/walk method. How are you training? Just hang in there! The fact that you are still going out there after a couple bad days is great. I think your perseverance will prevail!!

LOL
    Bunny
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Today I ran with the training group and stayed with the 10K group. We ran 3.6 miles and did walks to warm up and cool down. I ran most of the time with some walk breaks. I started out with a group that was running two minutes then walking one minute but they were sooo slow. Imagine me finding a group slow :laugh: Who would have thought! You gals are awesome. I can't imagine running 8 or 11 miles! :flowerforyou:
    Bunny
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Hi all!
    Today I ran with the training group and stayed with the 10K group. We ran 3.6 miles and did walks to warm up and cool down. I ran most of the time with some walk breaks. I started out with a group that was running two minutes then walking one minute but they were sooo slow. Imagine me finding a group slow :laugh: Who would have thought! You gals are awesome. I can't imagine running 8 or 11 miles! :flowerforyou:
    Bunny

You'll get there! :wink:

Good job on your 3.6! You're ready for a 5k race now! :drinker: