Confused, but happy

Options
Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
On tuesday I weighed 197lbs. Then I went to my parents house and stayed the night. Tuesday I was about 170cals under my daily goal (1200). Wednesday I didnt have a chance to weigh, but I lived on junk food. Breakfast was sour cream and onion chips with spicy hummus. Not much but you dont need much to go over cals with junk. Brunch was just over half a cup of ice cream and more chips. Lunch was a pita with hummus and more chips... Dinner was a pork chop, a bit of rice with veggies. Snacks were Haagan Dazs, Coffee Crisp, Salt and vinegar chips all after dinner. Yes I know I fell off the wagon but hey it was one day! I have been doing good until then!

I get home and yesterday morning I weigh myself and expect a bit of water gain. I hop on the scale and it says 195.9lbs!! I was happy but thinking "whoa what happened here!" Yesterday My eating was better of course since I was now home again, but I did go over my cals by about 700 from a small piece of pizza that I wasnt counting on. I weigh myself this morning and it says 201lbs so I panicked! got off the scale and got back on 194.9lbs whoa... ok this scale is really jumping. So a few more times got off and back on, 194.9lbs. Wooo I had lost a pound!! But why? It kinda scares me.. I had 2 days where I ate over my cals and im losing weight?? And fast too.... Im happy its happening but Im scared! What do all you think?

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Options
    On tuesday I weighed 197lbs. Then I went to my parents house and stayed the night. Tuesday I was about 170cals under my daily goal (1200). Wednesday I didnt have a chance to weigh, but I lived on junk food. Breakfast was sour cream and onion chips with spicy hummus. Not much but you dont need much to go over cals with junk. Brunch was just over half a cup of ice cream and more chips. Lunch was a pita with hummus and more chips... Dinner was a pork chop, a bit of rice with veggies. Snacks were Haagan Dazs, Coffee Crisp, Salt and vinegar chips all after dinner. Yes I know I fell off the wagon but hey it was one day! I have been doing good until then!

I get home and yesterday morning I weigh myself and expect a bit of water gain. I hop on the scale and it says 195.9lbs!! I was happy but thinking "whoa what happened here!" Yesterday My eating was better of course since I was now home again, but I did go over my cals by about 700 from a small piece of pizza that I wasnt counting on. I weigh myself this morning and it says 201lbs so I panicked! got off the scale and got back on 194.9lbs whoa... ok this scale is really jumping. So a few more times got off and back on, 194.9lbs. Wooo I had lost a pound!! But why? It kinda scares me.. I had 2 days where I ate over my cals and im losing weight?? And fast too.... Im happy its happening but Im scared! What do all you think?
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord, I feel ya, let me tell ya why I am not weighing right now.

1.) getting rid of stress
    2.) yesterday being the first day I was able to go potty in a week
    3.) only two days of good sleep
    4.) cervical treatments again, for 3 months

My scale was 218, them 215, then 213 yahoo, finally

But this morning, 221??

I don't think so. I am eating and exercising.....

So I am throwing it out

I know I am loosing weight, small amts, but loosing, cause my 14's are finally fitting, tight yet though, I am usually a 16-18, depending on the brand.

And my two favorite pair of jeans fall off my butt.

And my bras were a 44 dd, then 42 dd, now a 38dd.

So there is my delimma.........................
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Make an effort not to weigh yourself daily. Schedule weekly weigh ins and try to do them at the same time of the day to help keep the factors (have you eaten / used the bathroom / drank / exercised...? recently before your weight in) the same. Your weight will fluctuate day to day by a couple lbs just due to these factors. Weekly you should notice a change and if you always do it before dinner and not sometimes before and sometimes after it should be more accurate.

Overall though remember that scales are not the most accurate "score" of your progress.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    THTS SO WEIRD!!! but hey good job! bodies are such weird things sometimes!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Fuzz!!! I haven't seen you around here in a dogs age!!!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    If the same scale gives you that much different results in such a short time the scale is no good!

Or you had something in your pockets the first time that you did not have the seconf time?:wink:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    I wish all this weight were something in my pockets!! hahaha
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options

Fuzz!!! I haven't seen you around here in a dogs age!!!

I know ben travelling and things!!!! Glad to be back.. i have still been logging daily tho!!!
    how are u doing?